2004 Grand Prix [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Grand Prix

AznGA
03-20-2003, 01:33 PM
I went to a Pontiac dealer today and they had a couple of new designed Grand Prix's. The one they had in showroom was loaded GTP with leather, sunroof, HUD display. One of the things I liked was it had autoshift feature with F1 style shift buttons on the steering wheel. I liked the looks, expecially the bigger 17 inch rims, but the price was $30,000. I am not sure if I wanna spend that much on a Grand Prix.

Kitt
03-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Dont follow the sticker price too much.... Look on edmunds and kbb for the True Market Value price. Do some homework and you'll save a few thousand. Also try to buy later in the model year for more incentives :thumbs:

XMBlackGT1
03-20-2003, 02:24 PM
I test drove the comp g at a dealership, and was impressed with the performance, but I was NOT impressed with the styling. It would take a ton of pushing me to get me in that car- i dont like what it looks like. It was funny to listen to the salesman tell me about the paddle shifting feature "it is the newest shifting feature in the automarket- no other manufacturer has adopted it yet." He didnt like me too much when I told him that my Celica had the paddle shifting. At least he let me drive the car. Awesome performance, unattractive styling- just my opinion though. later

RedGrandTour
03-20-2003, 02:54 PM
The front end kills it for me. It looks retarded like that new sunfire.
:rolleyes:

shutter27
03-20-2003, 03:21 PM
I really like the paddle shifting feature, but I honestly like the old interior design much better, maybe i'm biased since i just bought a 2002 GTP, but I had been planning to get an 04 this fall. The exhaust tips also look funny on the new car... not nearly as cool as before. I am missing the 20 extra ponies that come with the new car, but, thats nothing a few mods can't cure.

Mike3800
04-07-2003, 10:42 AM
I've completle changed my opinon on this car... Although I don't agree with the styling, it isn't that ugly and the interior is very functional, also 260HP is one up on the Maxima, 3.29 gearing, and the top model runs 27 grand. Not too shabby.

SC/T02
04-08-2003, 10:51 AM
I thought it was not bad myself, I test drove a comp G and it was very responsive. The built in STB's made it more stable It did not drive like the tank feeling I got in the 2000 GTX edition we had. Thought the GTX was faster 13.1 at 106MPH :D

red rocket
04-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Does the GTP require premium fuel?

I noticed you can't get the paddle shifter without the CG package. I ordered a brochure from Pontiac. It is very lame, with very few pics of the entire car. It says that orange will be available in Spring 2003. All I've seen so far is silver. The red they will offer is deep red, not the bright red as before. That's ashame since that was my favorite GP color.

Am I also to understand that the back seats have no arm rest in the middle?

shutter27
04-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Yes, GTP's require premium! This gen 3 engine is supposed to be able to run on lesser octane fuels with out knocking, but, I'm sure you won't get all the power either.

Paddle shifting is a Comp G exclusive.

I've only seen the silver and the black ones so far. The colors on the site look a little dark, so the red might be brighter. I have the Galaxy Silver paint on my GTP and it is much brighter than on their site. I wish make would use a brighter white though instead of that Ivory White they use. I wanted a bright Arctic White like my old GAGT but, the color turned me off (so I got a silver) :mad: But that Greystone Metallic looks way cool!

Yeah, the new version lost the armrest in the back and there are no cup holders in the back either... and they may not have kept the dual climate controls like mine came with. (Not positive on this though)

red rocket
04-09-2003, 05:58 AM
No arm rest or rear cupholders? What are they thinking??

I saw a black GTP on the way to work this morning. That color does a better job of not highlighting the "different" rear end.

Vintalage
04-14-2003, 07:30 AM
I don't like the new grand prix. The rear end is awful. The radio/hvac area is boring, and simply a box. The paddle shifting is nice but I prefer doing shift points through the gear shifter. Gives you that manual effect. Paddle shifting looks like you would need both hands on the wheel. And $31,000 for a loaded GTP, no way. There is no navigation system even offered like the concept G-force displayed. And where is the auto-climate control? The 2001-2003 had dual-zone manual climate control. 2004 does not. Decontenting. Not worth the money. I'm unimpressed.

Vintalage
04-14-2003, 07:34 AM
here's the link to the pics I posted in the 2004 Grand prix thread

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10280&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

red rocket
04-21-2003, 06:28 AM
I saw the red GP at a dealer over the weekend. I don't like it - it is like a cranberry color. Not real sporty - too much like a luxury car color. Why wouldn't they offer the victory red on the 2004? That had to be one of the most popular colors of the <2003 models.