Forum Change #1: Updated Forum Guidelines [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Change #1: Updated Forum Guidelines

Ryan
03-28-2003, 09:22 PM
STEP ONE:

Spread the word...the forum guidelines have been updated.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum_guidelines.html

Please read and become familiar. Most of it is the same but some is new.

Not to be an jerk, but expect more enforcement of the rules.

We've been letting things slide for a while and we will start cracking down.

bszopi
03-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Hmm... I never even read those before, but I totally agree with all of them. That is how I try to run my area on GMF and it seems to make everything flow much smoother. I will go ahead and make a comment about the search option, though, just for people who don't read the new rules, but do read this: I often see threads that come up with a repetitive question, and there is always someone immediately saying "Use the search button", but in not as kind of a tone. First, why don't you do a quick search for them and link them to the correct thread? My guess is because people are too lazy themselves to do this. Second, breifly answer the question and then recommend the search option for more details. This is how I always try to do it. And finally, just as is stated in the guidelines, old messages are often purged, and so the info the person is looking for may not longer be there. So help them out, don't discourage them.

Granted, I am not a GAGT owner, so why should anyone listen to me? I dunno... some of you don't. But I stay in the area that is universal (engine performance) and try to provide good input whenever I can. And that is what this forum really needs. People who are willing to spend the extra couple of minutes to help fellow enthusiasts out when posting. So take this as you wish, I'm just stating my opinion. But I think everyone would benefit more if the whole search option was used by EVERYONE, not just some of the newer people.

koolZ71
03-29-2003, 03:08 PM
yeah i am glad there are more rules..i know i and lots of others dont obide by them just cause were vets...but i will do my part for now on to set an example

SilverEcstasy
03-29-2003, 11:11 PM
The Rules are great, but here's a question. Besides the frequent use of this word, why is R I C E censored?...

Ryan
03-30-2003, 09:54 AM
I decided to censor it because everyone on here needs to get over that word. It is used too often for the wrong reasons. If I had a dollar for every thread I had to lock/delete because the SINGLE word "R I C E" was used, I'd be a rich man.

UNCTYPE-S
03-30-2003, 10:04 AM
well i responded to a thread the other day and i put the word p r i c e in there and it was censored. is it because the word r i c e is in that word that made it block?

mjhurley1
03-30-2003, 10:10 AM
So are these the Hurley amendments??:)