Gas Mileage Problems... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas Mileage Problems...

bighead113
04-01-2003, 02:11 PM
I just have a few quick questions....

I'm getting terrible gas mileage and need to bring my car in, but first....

What parts of the fuel system are covered by warranty work??

And would it be cheaper to bring my car to the dealer or a shop like "Goodyear" to get my injectors cleaned, if not covered by warrantY?

And would anyone have any prices on gas-related problems that they have had repaired, injectors, filter, etc.

Thanks

kevin231
04-16-2003, 09:02 AM
I use to have a 99 grand am gt and my car use to give terrible gas mileage. I got a fuel injector flush and my gas mileage barley inproved. The i did a tune-up and from their i start getting better gas mileage. It was mostly the fuel filter that was sucking my gas. Try changing the fuel filter if you havent already thats usually the problem. Also some people over look changing there PCV Valve

excitement
04-17-2003, 08:39 AM
if you're still under the bumper to bumper warranty and there is something wrong with the fuel system it should be covered. if the tech says that the fuel system needs to be cleaned (rail, injectors, filter etc...) then you will have to pay for that since it is considered normal maintenance like an oil change or tune up.

if you've been satisfied with the dealer and their prices are competitive then just have them do it.