Gtp Ecu->gagt [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gtp Ecu->gagt

warehouse918
09-10-2002, 06:47 PM
so, my buddy told me that if i bought a GTP ecu chip and put that into my 99 gagt, my car would perform like a gtp, well, to an extent. has anybody done this, or heard of it?

another thing, is it possible to put a busted ass gtp supercharger into a gagt. i know that the gtp supercharger is made for a 3800 engine, and mine is 3400. just wondering what i could do.

hope i didnt sound like a newbie...this is just what i heard

thanks
bill

GTPguy99
09-10-2002, 07:13 PM
nope neither will work for you.

Watch4MyBu
09-10-2002, 07:38 PM
Not a chance of either working without a ton of other work

AaronGTR
09-10-2002, 09:06 PM
VERY VERY BAD IDEA! The grand prix and the grand am use exactly the same computer, but they have totally different programs installed on them. If you tried to use a GP ECM in your GA it might not even start, or it might cause major damage. They are totally different engines and transmissions so it would never work. You can't use a GTP supercharger on a 3400 engine either, because the block and lower intake manifold are totally different on a 3800 engine.

Tell your buddy to learn something about cars before somebody follows his bad advice and destroys their car.;) :rolleyes:

warehouse918
09-11-2002, 08:31 PM
yeah, my friend said his friend was really into pontiacs and ****. i thought it would be a pretty stupid idea too, i just wanted to check up on it. thanks for your help guys.

:thumbs:

bill