Warranties [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Warranties

Brewdogg18
04-10-2003, 09:55 PM
I know ford offers the usual 3y/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty, but also have a 5yr/unlmited mileage on paint, and a 5yr/50k mile warranty on electrical safety issues, such as abs, and air bags. Does GM have anything like this? The reason I ask is that I just bought a 2000 used pontiac gagt about 30 days ago, UNFORTUNATELY, I am outside my lemon law status, and misread my warranty, thought I signed up for a different one, and all I got was a powertrain warranty. NOW, Tonight I was driving my car, and my "check vehicle soon", "trac off" and "abs" light all came on at the same time. This leads me to believe there is an issue with the abs system. Which equals big bucks. When i turn off the car and start it back up it disappears, but comes back later (the time varies), abs and trac control still work (until the lights come on, of course) so this leads me to believe the mechanical aspects are functioning fine, its something electronical, or maybe with the computer. Any info would help me greatly. I may be up a creek with out a paddle, hopefully someone here can through me a life vest!

Fenderman
04-10-2003, 10:48 PM
check your alternator, when they are going bad they sometimes cause the problem you are having.

Brother's1999
04-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Might not be a serious as you think. If I understand the "Service Vehicle Soon" light, it comes on for simpler reasons like lights being out. (Service Engine Soon would be worse) Since the ABS and Trac control are compliments, they would go out together anyway. Might be something like the brake lights or brake light switch. Have someone watch your brake lights when the dash warnings are on, or look up at the switch above the brake pedal.

Garagegoblin
02-27-2004, 08:33 PM
OK here is a little info for you guys. It is a really big problem with our cars. It is just the plug that goes into the ABS Control system. If you take off your driver front tire, there is a little box with a plug that goes into it. The plug goes bad and needs to be replaced that is all.