03/04 Jeep Cherokee Overland: need opinions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 03/04 Jeep Cherokee Overland: need opinions

RAMAIRGT1
04-13-2003, 07:08 AM
I need everyones opinion, i have been thinking about getting rid of my GA and dakota and purchasing a '03 or '04 Jeep Cherokee Overland. For those of you who dont know the overland is the top of the line model Cherokee.
Does anyone have or know someone who has a cherokee and what do they think about it? Also if they know of any problems the cherokee's might have? thanks!

442alero
04-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Get the 4.7L V8 if you can afford it. And the Leather interior to offset Depriciation.

cyoonak
04-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Those come with the V8 and leather standard. I like Jeeps. I always have, just because they were the only SUV for a while with a V8. Family had a 98 Limited, and loved it except for the full time four wheel drive. it got REALLY annoying...

If I were you... the new Toyota 4runners are SWEET. I-force V8 and Lexus quality interior. Check them out. And 4runners have WAY better resale... just a thought

cyoonak
04-13-2003, 03:38 PM
btw, i meant as in only suv in its class. exploders had v8's... i guess... but who likes ford?? toyota just came out with theirs. GM and GMC always had 6 cyl. durangos pretty much suck all around. and i won't even mention the rodeos, pathfinders, troppers, etc.

SPL
04-13-2003, 04:08 PM
It depends on what you want to do with it. My friend was thinking about getting one but after considering what he wanted to do for accessories it just wasnít worth getting an overland. You can get the limited and mod it to look a lot nicer than the overland. It just comes down to what you want to do

RAMAIRGT1
04-13-2003, 05:05 PM
thanks for the replies all. I like the looks of the cherokee over the 4runner, and power wise the high output v8 in the overland is the best buy. Gas mileage is about the same for both vehicles, overland has a slight edge. I havent tried out a 4runner but i have tried a cherokee limited. I have the 4.7 in my dakota so i know the power potential of that motor, but i do have my eye on the higher output 4.7
As far as resale goes both vehicles are about the same, especially since dodge has the longer warranty period.
Maybe my mind will change when i try out the 4runner who knows...

cyoonak
04-13-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm a big fan of Toyota so I'll plug em some more. For warranties, both are 3/36 for basic, the jeep as a 7/70 for drivetrain, and 5/60 for the 4runner. And for rust, toyota is 5/unlimited and jeep is 5/100000. All off of Edmunds. Not to mention, toyota is statistically more reliable, that iforce v8 packs a mean punch, and sounds great. ALSO, both fully loaded with roofs, 17's, leather, and all that jazz, the 4runner is about 2K cheaper. Oh, did I mention the acclaimed TRD supercharger which doesn't void your warranty? Drive the 4 runner, and check it out. You might be pleasantly surprised with what Japanese automakers are doing with SUV's.

Last but not least, you get goodies like Vehicle Skid Control, decent gas mileage, and a coolness factor. (the jeeps have just been out too long, need a facelift). So whether I swayed you or not, at least test drive one! Oh... did I mention SUPERCHARGER?