Allmotor update? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Allmotor update?

gagt17
08-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey Allmotorgagt, if you're out there on "the new and improved" forum, you have any updates/progress reports on your powerplant?

AllMotorgagt
08-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Hey guys the engine is being put together on wensday of this week all i have to do is give him the rest of the money and have it installed. We did figure out that i will need new pushrods but we have to put the heads on first to do the geometry. Ill try to get some pics on here of the short block assembled.

StarFire
08-26-2002, 03:47 PM
Wooo hooo! Can't wait!

AaronGTR
08-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Who's doing your motor work anyway? If you get good results I might want to talk to him about some future work on my engine. It would be good since he would have prior experience with the 3400 and I live in MI (not to far away).

jaketuff
08-26-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by AaronGTR
Who's doing your motor work anyway? If you get good results I might want to talk to him about some future work on my engine. It would be good since he would have prior experience with the 3400 and I live in MI (not to far away).

Not too far - MI, you high?wtf I guess for mail it is not bad, I see. Allmotor, what type of Idiot Lights are you looking at on the dash with all these mods???

Pat

AllMotorgagt
08-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Well i have the svs light on since 99 when i bent the pin on the relay for the drls. And the ses is on for the secondary O2 sensor reading no cat. None of these codes causes any problems with the car unlike alot of imports.

jaketuff
08-28-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by AllMotorgagt
Well i have the svs light on since 99 when i bent the pin on the relay for the drls. And the ses is on for the secondary O2 sensor reading no cat. None of these codes causes any problems with the car unlike alot of imports.

Bent pin, NO drls, but the SVS Light is annoying as well.:rolleyes: Can't have everything... maybe you can remove that backlight from the dash?

SAY - What about Englishtown this weekend Allmotor? A few guys are going from the Island... whatyya say?

Pat

AllMotorgagt
08-28-2002, 02:08 PM
english town is a posablity we were gonna goto lims with my friends 70 302 stang and my other friends turbo civic...ill see if they want to take a ride down there.

Wilkyman
09-03-2002, 08:51 AM
any new updates allmotor?

papiogagt
09-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by jaketuff

Can't have everything...

Pat

Yes you can! All you have to do is click here (http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~martinmp/)!!!

AllMotorgagt
09-03-2002, 10:26 AM
The engine should be togeher from what i was told ive been real busy i havent had a chance to go and see it this week im going down there....hopfully ill see my engine fully asembled then just have to set up a date to have it installed.

bszopi
09-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Just a thought, but....

Since the TOG headers are now available, and you like to spend insane amounts of money, you might as well get the headers installed now while the engine is still out of the car. It'll make installation MUCH simpler, and you will also see significant gains. So you may be out of a car for a tad bit longer (either due to waiting for the headers or trying to get the money), but I think it'd be worth the wait. No sense installing the motor now, just to have to hassle with trying to get the headers installed later.

AllMotorgagt
09-03-2002, 06:09 PM
I dunno yet what im gonna do about the header situation....originally the stock ones were gonna get ported to his spec i dunno if thats still the case.

jaketuff
09-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Is she running yet Allmotor?

Pat

AllMotorgagt
09-17-2002, 06:44 PM
Hey sorry i havent posted in so long ive been soo busy. But everything was going perfect but when the cam came in i was damaged so he had to get another one which he should have by now. Ive been working on the radiator i found one that will be a direct fit and should handle pleanty of hp it also comes with a high output fan.

SikMindz
09-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Sweet! I cant wait for slips and initial seat of the pants reports! :thumbs:

BMOBYLE
09-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Hey sorry i havent posted in so long ive been soo busy. But everything was going perfect but when the cam came in i was damaged so he had to get another one which he should have by now. Ive been working on the radiator i found one that will be a direct fit and should handle pleanty of hp it also comes with a high output fan.

Hey allmotor did you have Matt do anything special to your pleniums or are they still just the same old sa pleniums????????

AllMotorgagt
09-17-2002, 07:06 PM
I polished them with a die grinder when i got them they should be fine though...if not my guy will work them more but i dont think ill need that.

jaketuff
09-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Any ETA on when that beast will be prowling on the island?
I may have to raid your territory to check out your ride!;)

Pat

AllMotorgagt
09-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Im hopeing mid october it should be ready. I figure another week on assembly then a week in the shop and stuff while the push rods are ordered. It is taking alone time i started this project in June but i think it will be all worth the wait!!

RGAGT
09-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Hey Allmotor What And where Did you Get a Cam for Your Ga and What Year is your GA

Sorry_Officer
09-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Pictures??

AllMotorgagt
09-18-2002, 01:59 PM
The cam is a prototype only a few made theres no part number or anything...the only person able to get one of these cams has to be a part of a special buying group of machine shops around the country. My car is a '99. Ill release the exact manufactures of all my parts after the car is up and running i cant give out all my secrets u know lol.

Watch4MyBu
09-22-2002, 05:58 PM
definately interested in the cam

GTManiac
09-23-2002, 12:42 PM
same here. See if you could do a group buy (not looking for a discount or anything, just to be able to get a more aggressive one made.)

jaketuff
10-04-2002, 11:58 AM
Any pics?

Pat

AllMotorgagt
10-04-2002, 12:45 PM
no pics yet...but i did get my new Be Cool radiator in today its about twice the thickness as the stock one all aluminum. I also bought my fuel managment system it should be here on monday. I went with the ARC2 from split second the one sold on PFYC.com i did some research on it, it seems to be a good product and should work well for me. ill keep everybody updated as to when it will be hitting the street.

Blackrider
10-04-2002, 07:44 PM
AWWWWWWWWww cant wait to see it man cant wait! What have you been driving well you baby is out of commission?

AllMotorgagt
10-05-2002, 12:24 AM
My car is still on the road i bought another ga motor with 22000 on it for 500$ and thats the motor thats being worked.

Blackrider
10-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Aww ic good plan dude:D

batman
10-06-2002, 04:31 AM
My car is still on the road i bought another ga motor with 22000 on it for 500$ and thats the motor thats being worked.

$500.00?
Batman remembers a post before the forum crash stating you paid $200.00 hmmmmmmmmmm

Kinda Smellin' fishy

Wayne Manor

Dr_Kyle
10-06-2002, 08:40 AM
I don't think its necessary to post that. If you honestly just wanted to know which amount he paid, you could have PMed him. It just sounds like you're trying to start trouble.

AllMotorgagt
10-06-2002, 12:40 PM
your probably right i was going to get an engine for 200 it had about 65000 miles on it but it was sold before i could get down there and i bought the one that only had 22000 on it for 500. I posted i paid 500 for it many times.

Kitt
10-06-2002, 12:58 PM
i think you answered this question before but i couldnt find it, its prob was on the board before the redo...

What are you doing to the bottom end of the engine. Any details from that area?

AllMotorgagt
10-06-2002, 04:38 PM
JE pistons, total seal rings, Eagle rods,clivite berings,knife edged and balenced crank,"prototype" cam, high preformance oil pump, block bored and milled, custom push rods, custom timing chain. arc2 fuel computer,Be Cool radiator.

Brad
10-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Just one word... DROOL! When I grow up, maybe I can do something like this! Hope you're coming to GAP 2003 as I'll be there and I want to SEE this thing! Brad
PS- Will you have to get a pilot's license before you put it on the street?

Filter
10-07-2002, 12:14 PM
I don't know the details so please bear with me. You bought all that Street Arnesal stuff and built a motor using that and then you bought a second motor and are having a shop build that thing up as much as you can. What's going on with your Street Arnesal engine?

peeps
10-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Filter
I don't know the details so please bear with me. You bought all that Street Arnesal stuff and built a motor using that and then you bought a second motor and are having a shop build that thing up as much as you can. What's going on with your Street Arnesal engine? The SA parts will be added to the built engine, IIRC.....