Parents looking for a new car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Parents looking for a new car

AaronGAGT
04-16-2003, 10:04 AM
What do you guys suggest?? They were thinking about a new Impala.... but what else is nice thats about that price range? (they're in the upper 40s)

ArcticGT
04-16-2003, 10:07 AM
What is the price range? I am not sure what Impalas go for as I have never been interested in them whatsoever.

'01GTgirl
04-16-2003, 10:57 AM
My parents bought a new car last June...they test drove the following 2002 models:
Impala (ehhh....)
Bonneville (didn't like)
Altima (interior cheaply done)
Corolla (which they special ordered, then changed their mind at the last minute)
Grand Prix GT (which they ended up buying June 10th) they absolutely love it too....Silver Sedan, exactly like mine ;)

Hope that helped a little

ArcticGT
04-16-2003, 12:46 PM
The Honda Accord is pretty good, has plenty of power for the money.

koolZ71
04-16-2003, 01:10 PM
buick regal GS bad ass car

http://www.buick.com/images/regal/photo06.jpg

Panacea
04-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Definately an Accord, if not then perhaps a GTO, otherwise the new NEON SRT.

koolZ71
04-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Panacea
Definately an Accord, if not then perhaps a GTO, otherwise the new NEON SRT.

can u see ur parents in there upper fourtys driving the SRT?:)

2000GA
04-16-2003, 01:24 PM
parents just bought an 002 gpgt and they love it

Vintalage
04-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Toyota Camry?? :eek:

Static
04-16-2003, 07:49 PM
No way your parents would even consider an SRT4... They are definitely gonna be looking for something roomy, decent pickup, luxurious, etc...

I really like the idea of the GP's, any trim level is cool...
The Regal GS is badass, my neighbor is a cop and drives one on the city's tab :)
Impalas are all right, but I wouldn't get one myself unless it had some more power, although it looks cool, but thats me not your parents...

I would never recommend a Ford...

You only considering American..?
The 3 series Bimmer is nice...

I like the new Maxima...
I don't know too much about Mazda family cars...
From what I have heard of the new Accord, it sucks in almost every way compared to the 02 model, except for power, I just don't care for the 03's...

My ultimate choice would have to be a Caddy CTS, I would love to have that car, at any age, but make sure they know that its getting the CTS-v option for an LS1 :eek: :eek: later on this year...

Edit: My bad, I didn't see the price range... Definitely go for a GP or an Impala for that price...

AaronGAGT
04-17-2003, 02:14 AM
Wow... Yea, I took all of your suggestions in consideration... they are not just looking at American... I tried to suggest Lexus IS, BMW, Mercedes... anything expensive... I dont think they're down with that idea tho lol and the SRT idea... I didnt even consider it but nice try :thumbs: Honda Accord kinda sparked their attention--any thing else you guys suggest??

Panacea
04-17-2003, 06:24 AM
Caddy STS, I believe that's in their price range? My mom had a 97 and it was sweet!

Vintalage
04-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Chrysler 300M? My dad has this. Not bad.

red rocket
04-18-2003, 07:03 AM
Even though I don't like Chryslers, the Stratus, Intrepid or Concorde may fit the bill.

What the heck - tell them to get a Mercury Marauder!

XMBlackGT1
04-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by CiscoWMU
Wow... Yea, I took all of your suggestions in consideration... they are not just looking at American... I tried to suggest Lexus IS, BMW, Mercedes... anything expensive... I dont think they're down with that idea tho lol and the SRT idea... I didnt even consider it but nice try :thumbs: Honda Accord kinda sparked their attention--any thing else you guys suggest??

Have them look at a Toyota Solara. The SLEv6 is a really sweet car. I had one for a few months until I sold it to my parents because my grand am came in. They absolutely love the car, and it has great pickup. later

Vintalage
04-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by XMBlackGT1
Have them look at a Toyota Solara. The SLEv6 is a really sweet car. I had one for a few months until I sold it to my parents because my grand am came in. They absolutely love the car, and it has great pickup. later

The all-new 2004 promises to be better. Navigation will be available.

antirice
04-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Regal GS, by grandparents just got one, it hauls, and they're cheap---ish, they picked theirs up for about 12G's

Natedog
04-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Infiniti G35 Sedan prolly....my bro has the 6MT coupe and its the nicest car i have ever been in or driven...hands down... they make a wonderful product!:thumbs:

Not2OLD
04-23-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by CiscoWMU
What do you guys suggest?? They were thinking about a new Impala.... but what else is nice thats about that price range? (they're in the upper 40s)

You don't say how enthusiastic your parents are about cars.

The Impala is a nice car....for a taxicab. Nuthin fancy, till the SS comes out ('04?)

For all around nice cars that will seat 4 adults comfortably with a little fun on the side, I would have to second the votes for the GPGT or the Regal GS. Glad they are buying domestic.