When will it stop? the bickering is just to much [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : When will it stop? the bickering is just to much

PontiacGTboy
04-23-2003, 07:00 AM
I dont know exactly where to post this, but feel free to move it whereever. even close it but let people read it.

Why must people start all kinds of **** when someone says something about anything? I mean, it doesnt matter what is said there is always someone out there who says the other is lieing. I honestly dont think we have many liers on this forum and if they do they lie so little that its pointless. Ive learned trying to tell someone that his grand am doesnt have 500 HP in the 2.4 and that a painted airbox isnt a supercharger on yahoo that even though someone is lieing and they know it, all the *****ing in the world isnt going to get them to admit it so why try? All that ends up happeneing when someone *****'s about someone else is everyone gets there feathers all ruffled and starts getting into it with eachother and then it never stops. then the thread closes and noone can get anything from it.

When will it stop? We've already ran our most reliable GM source away (spoon) and i wouldnt be suprised if after the responces he has gotten, if we run the first guy building a truely hogh performance grand am motor away.

I just dont see the point in it,, like i said, if someone wants to lie, let them lie. you dont have to beleive what they say. if you dont want see what someone says dont look.

Some of these people are going to die and early death cause they dont know how to sit back and chill for a bit. Blood preasure doesnt need to rise on a forum dedicated to enthusiasts. its supoosed to be a fun place, not a ***** fest.

so.....:cheers:

PACE
04-23-2003, 07:06 AM
The problem is that too many people get all wrapped up in web-sites. Why are you gonna brag about what you MIGHT do or are planning on doing....If you look at the GA people who have been here the longest they do what they love- work on cars....then if they build something cool they post it.....It is ghey to post "This is what I'm trying to do" or "Its coming" (remember that guy?) LOL.

Ice post pics showing what he does everytime....he doesn't say...I think I can put LED's in my lock buttons....he just does it.

Don't say it, just show me.
-good quote

Bragging on the internet is for people who aren't cool enough to do things in real life....(a generalization)

PontiacGTboy
04-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by ECAP
The problem is that too many people get all wrapped up in web-sites. Why are you gonna brag about what you MIGHT do or are planning on doing....If you look at the GA people who have been here the longest they do what they love- work on cars....then if they build something cool they post it.....It is ghey to post "This is what I'm trying to do" or "Its coming" (remember that guy?) LOL.

Ice post pics showing what he does everytime....he doesn't say...I think I can put LED's in my lock buttons....he just does it.

Don't say it, just show me.
-good quote

Bragging on the internet is for people who aren't cool enough to do things in real life....(a generalization)

Well i can see your point but i think some of the time people want to get others input on what they think about what they are doing or plan to do before it is completed or done but this cant be done when all the fighting forces the mods to close the thread.

PACE
04-23-2003, 07:10 AM
I was hoping someone would post that!!!!!:thumbs: :wave: :boogie:

MagiLLa
04-24-2003, 07:58 PM
that picture isn't funny :huh: wtf :tool: :knob:

Jagey
04-24-2003, 11:13 PM
that picture is hilarious:cheers:

RAMAIRGT1
04-25-2003, 05:07 AM
no that picture is not funny

GrAm962001
04-25-2003, 10:05 AM
that pic is the funniest I have seen :thumbs:

Kdawg207
04-25-2003, 10:08 AM
zzz

I have way too many things to do than to argue about anything. Especially when it comes to personal opinion.

I just enjoy the site and avoid the lame posts like that:)
Happy times

Mike Jung
04-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Back in '99/'00: GAGT.com was a bunch of extremely friendly small group of people.

Now we have a wide/diverse group of people, with a much better (with everyone's help) knowledge base.

But I wish we can get the site's atmosphere back to a more friendly/helpful mood.

greenhornet
04-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Putting that picture up was very immature and it is not funny at all.

UNCTYPE-S
04-25-2003, 11:10 PM
posting that picture up was no help to this thread. it may offend members who actually have a person like that in their family. please contribute in a normal fashion.

AMRAAM4
04-26-2003, 07:54 AM
*sigh*
The same people who want piece and harmony in the world are probably the same people who expect everyone to get along on a message board of this size. It's not going to happen.

Panacea
04-26-2003, 09:09 AM
So, what if Skwid had a retard in his family, and it doesn't bother him? Does that make it okay then? Just like I can't call a gay person a Fag, because well, I'm not gay. But then it's okay for a gay to call another gay, or me, a fag... No, I don't think so... Doesn't work that way.

What am I trying to say? Who cares. It's just a picture, let's all become tree hugging hippies and try to accomplish peace and harmony, while going against our own beliefs while we're at it :rolleyes:

See, someone posts a pictures in good humor and people have to start complaining. No one can please everyone, there is no way that this world will even be remotely civilized and peaceful. Fighting it is a lost cause, because you can't change how I feel, and I can't change how you feel, so where does that get us? Nowhere.

So, lets stop bickering and get on with our lives. If something upsets you, blow it off! It's just a fact of life, you have to TOLERATE it, you'll get over it. It's not a big deal... Have a good day!

:cheers:

greenhornet
04-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Macleod were'nt you the one that got kicked off for disagreeing with others on the board? And I think its funny that you talk about others complaining when you do it yourself. You act as though we should care about you're opinion, most of your posts you are very argumentative. Atleast it seems you have learned a lesson as Panacea, "fighting is a lost cause" as you said.
BTW my mom taught mentally handicapped children for close to twenty years and many times when I was off from my school, I went with her to help with her class. I saw how hard it was for the kids to do simple everyday things that we take for granted. That is why I voiced my opinion on that picture.

luniz
04-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Obviously not everyone will get along, which is due to immaturity of some members. But that picture is just not in good taste. Humor from metally challenged people is not even funny. I would hope some people would open their eyes and not use health problems as a tool for humor.

The only way for less arguments, would be to run this like a dictatorship, which no one would like. So basically your going to have to deal with it. Some people are just more immature and stubborn than others. There is no point arguing, because people on the internet tend to be bigger talkers than in real life.

Remember people, you are typing into a computer, its not like real life where you can just cold **** someone who is stupid.

Panacea
04-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by greenhornet
Macleod were'nt you the one that got kicked off for disagreeing with others on the board? And I think its funny that you talk about others complaining when you do it yourself. You act as though we should care about you're opinion, most of your posts you are very argumentative. Atleast it seems you have learned a lesson as Panacea, "fighting is a lost cause" as you said.
BTW my mom taught mentally handicapped children for close to twenty years and many times when I was off from my school, I went with her to help with her class. I saw how hard it was for the kids to do simple everyday things that we take for granted. That is why I voiced my opinion on that picture.

Ahh, ignorance is a bliss... First of all I decided to scrap the name Macleod! I ASKED Jeremy to delete my account. So, in other words, You're wrong!

Secondly, I never said I wasn't a hypocrite! Hell, I can be a big one at times. Also, I'm not nearly as negative as I used to be... I've refrained from many posts that I could rant about.

I could care less if someone agrees with my opinions or not. It's a free country and I say what I want. If you don't like it -- tough!

GT2003
05-02-2003, 09:38 PM
I totally hear you guys. I can't say I have been the nicest person on here, b/c one time when I was trying to explain something everyone was like whatever and I kinda went off on them. No matter what there are always people who want to rag on people, especially newbies. I mean at the real races and meets I go to sometime, people are more than helpful and we all give eachothers opinions on things and help out as much as we can. I just don't understand why it can't be like that. We all love cars and why can't we be more congradulationg and supportive of one another. I dunno, I just don't get it.

GrAm962001
05-02-2003, 10:17 PM
like its been said a million times...everyone has an opinion and I too am guilty as hell for going off on someone in the forums... hell not even my group of friends get along all that wll and when you throw together 'X' amount of ppl its bound to happen...lots of ppl just need to resist the feeling to post up on some things. the picture, while offending to some carries a point, and raelly narrows down some things that happen here...maybe this quote could sum it up just as good: "opinions are like a $ $holes everyone has one"

Rba007
05-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Its the friggin internet. People who are going to waste time bitching on here need to get lives. Go outside. Breath some fresh air. Im sorry, but our cars are not all that exists on the planet. Some people here think they are. All their problems in their lives are their cars. All they talk about, is their cars. Its pretty sad if you dont have anything else to talk about. If you did, perhaps you could let some things here go. This is a thread about not bitching about everything, but 3/4 of the posts are complaining about a picture. How ironic. Even if Skiwd's pic may not be funny to everyone, it brings up a good point. Its the internet. Get a life.

Joey K
05-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Very well put.

Blackgt1
05-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Heh at least there was someone else the irony wasn't lost on. Its funny cause another thread elsewhere was just saying that we should all take it easy, its a great site.... then someone has to complain about the original posters avatar. Just recently im starting to think that some people out there are TRYING to sabatoge this. Turn our sensitivities down a notch? Spread peace, love and happiness? Take a chill pill? heh or perhaps standard policy should be that if someone wants to argue, they can send emails to each other instead?