My New Ride [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My New Ride

Fbod God
05-07-2003, 11:03 AM
I sold my Z28 and bought this. I am kinda limited to the size of exhaust tips coming out the back because of the ground effects. There is a 6" space for tips to exit the rear of the vehicle. I would prefer to leave the qaud look, any suggestions?

Greed4Speed
05-07-2003, 12:21 PM
What does a MCSS run in the 1/4?

Fbod God
05-07-2003, 10:42 PM
I have seen stock 3.4 DOHC GTP do 14.9@90... but that might have been a factory freak. I am building a CAI tomorrow from parts left over from my Z28. I'm going to guess it can do mid 15's.

Bailey Man
05-08-2003, 05:35 AM
I have a friend at the track that has one. He has a CAI and Exhaust. It runs 15.50's @88. Why this over a Z28?

koolZ71
05-08-2003, 08:25 AM
nice car:)...my girls got the exact car minus the SS Package, ive always like the ground effects package though, white ownz on the Z34;)

Fbod God
05-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Bailey Man
I have a friend at the track that has one. He has a CAI and Exhaust. It runs 15.50's @88. Why this over a Z28?

Well, the Z was not driveable in the winter, period. It was a quick car, but I need something more practicle. I have had three trans go through it. I had a race trans that lasted awhile. Lost third and fourth. Bought a stock one, that lasted a whole 3 or 4 months. Warranty covered it, so there was a new one in it again, then I sold it. It was a quick car, easily in the 13s on the motor. It was built for the spray, but I have never ran it at the track with the laughing gas though. It was trapping at 103 mph too. I love the monte ss though. Its a whole different car than the Z, obviously. I have ran my buddy Nick, aka rebelleader on the boards here, and well if you ask him, I ripped him up bad. Traction with the Z was horrible on the street, but I could pull 2.0 60s at the track on street tires.

Bailey Man
05-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Should have got a GTP:) More parts to upgrade

SonoLoCo
05-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Fbod God
I sold my Z28 and bought this. I am kinda limited to the size of exhaust tips coming out the back because of the ground effects. There is a 6" space for tips to exit the rear of the vehicle. I would prefer to leave the qaud look, any suggestions?

Nice choice! I think the MCSS has a lot more class than the Z28 and definitely has better traction. My friend John has had a late 90's Z28 since 1999 and I've seen him put more money into that car in repairs than he paid for it used. Monte Carlo's have always had a much better record than the Z28's with my friends and I. I know this is a GA board but I personally almost bought a MCSS when they first started with this new body, that is, before my current obsession with GA GT's. Now I'm having trouble deciding between that and a Stratus R/T for my next ride...

RAZE
05-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by SonoLoCo
Nice choice! I think the MCSS has a lot more class than the Z28 and definitely has better traction. My friend John has had a late 90's Z28 since 1999 and I've seen him put more money into that car in repairs than he paid for it used. Monte Carlo's have always had a much better record than the Z28's with my friends and I. I know this is a GA board but I personally almost bought a MCSS when they first started with this new body, that is, before my current obsession with GA GT's. Now I'm having trouble deciding between that and a Stratus R/T for my next ride...

Correction: That was a 94 Camaro RS, not z28. Either way, the camaro is still a POS that breaks down 24/7. Also, eating tacos, drinking and smoking in the car doesn't prolong the life.