Extended Warranties [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranties

MeNoKnow
05-12-2003, 09:05 PM
How many of your guys have an extended warranty purchased on your GA's? I have one that costed an extra $1000 with a $100 deductable. Does that sound like a good price? Im just asking b/c the cars still under factory warranty and I want to know if I should cancel the extended one. TIA

2Dambad
05-12-2003, 09:39 PM
How long is the coverage in months and miles? I would say that with these cars, you will need the extended warranty at some time. Hell I just had $1200 worth of work done last week, my cost, $200. My extended warranty has more than paid for itself.

Gator
05-12-2003, 10:44 PM
I bought an extended warranty through WarrantyGold.com. I have 7 yrs or 100,000 miles. I paid $1050.00 and I have $0 deductible. I haven't used it yet, but I will post my experience when I do.

Richard
"Gator"

Mike Jung
05-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Here is my experience with extended warrenty.
see thread: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8866&highlight=extended

I think it is worth it for our cars.

Some others have gotten after-market extended warrenties cheaper than through GM or the dealer.
But not sure how after-market warrenty services are?

Green99GT
05-19-2003, 10:32 PM
i ot the 6yr 60000 miles i think or even better....1200$ 50$ deduc. im gonna use it soon for the intake gasket and maybe the head if i get lucky

Hotwheels2001
06-06-2003, 01:24 PM
I just had my intake gasket replaced at 45,000 under my extended warrenty. I got mine through the dealership it is 100,000 mile or 7 years, with a disapearing deductable. It has more than payed for itself. The only thing is that when I got the intake done they told me that my head gasket was seeping and the warrenty co. wouldn't cover seepage only leakage. So when the head gasket starts to leak it is time to use the warrenty again. I think that the extended warrenty for the Grand Am's is well worth is with as much intake problems that I have heard about.

Panacea
06-06-2003, 09:23 PM
5yr/100,000 $1500 $0 deductable

2002GTCoupe
06-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hotwheels2001
I just had my intake gasket replaced at 45,000 under my extended warrenty. I got mine through the dealership it is 100,000 mile or 7 years, with a disapearing deductable. It has more than payed for itself. The only thing is that when I got the intake done they told me that my head gasket was seeping and the warrenty co. wouldn't cover seepage only leakage. So when the head gasket starts to leak it is time to use the warrenty again. I think that the extended warrenty for the Grand Am's is well worth is with as much intake problems that I have heard about.

Seepage, leakage? They have the same definition... I would raise holy hell if someone told me that... lol

luniz
06-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Anyone have a policy with Warranty Direct? I am thinking about getting a 4 year, 100,000 mile warranty from them.

fschambe
06-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 2002GTCoupe
Seepage, leakage? They have the same definition... I would raise holy hell if someone told me that... lol

Dude get a freakin dictionary... here i'll help ya out... they are completely different

Main Entry: 1seep
Pronunciation: 'sEp
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: alteration of earlier sipe, from Middle English sipen, from Old English sipian; akin to Middle Low German sipen to seep
Date: 1790
1 : to flow or pass slowly through fine pores or small openings : OOZE <water seeped in through a crack>
2 a : to enter or penetrate slowly <fear of nuclear war had seeped into the national consciousness -- Tip O'Neill> b : to become diffused or spread <a sadness seeped through his being -- Agnes S. Turnbull>

Main Entry: 1leak
Pronunciation: 'lEk
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English leken, from Old Norse leka; akin to Old English leccan to moisten, Middle Irish legaid it melts
Date: 14th century
intransitive senses
1 a : to enter or escape through an opening usually by a fault or mistake <fumes leak in> b : to let a substance or light in or out through an opening
2 a : to become known despite efforts at concealment b : to be the source of an information leak
transitive senses
1 : to permit to enter or escape through or as if through a leak
2 : to give out (information) surreptitiously <leaked the story to the press>

2002GTCoupe
06-24-2003, 05:25 PM
LOL... no need to get the dictionary out.

And what's the difference between this:

to flow or pass slowly through fine pores or small openings

and this?:

to enter or escape through an opening usually by a fault or mistake

Yeah... there's a "slight" difference, but not when it comes to giving **** to a dealership if it's NOT supposed to happen (see the second definition of leakage... if seepage is not supposed to happen, then it must be leakage, according to the definitions you posted!)...

Please note, what I quoted were the first definitions of each - from YOU.

Any questions? Don't try to start a flame war by telling me to "get a freakin' dictionary"... first of all, it's stupid (and you left off the apostrophe at the end of "freakin'" - were you missing YOUR dictionary?), and secondly, you will lose. 'Nuff said.

:)

2002GTCoupe
06-24-2003, 05:32 PM
P.S. Let me know if you need an interpreter next time you decide to read the Dictionary. I only charge $50 an hour for that...

<edit>You might also like to note that in this case, both are intransitive verbs...</edit>

stanjk3
07-09-2003, 11:16 PM
I also have the 5yr/75000mile warranty, paid ~$1000 and it's already more than paid for itself.
Now my paint is bubbling in a few random places on the drivers side (front and rear 1/4 panels, top of trunck) after only 3 years!!! Any chance they'll cover that under warranty??
If I weren't WAY over on mileage, almost ~51K, I'd turn my car in. I have the 6 year Smartbuy - you can turn it in after 3 years like a lease.

Green99GT
07-10-2003, 11:03 AM
only if it rust though...thats all thats covered i believe

ChrisB
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
I apologize if this info was posted on another thread...I'm having a difficult time figuring out the threads...but anyway...I bought an extended warranty through e-solutions.com. The warranty company is Warranty America. It is a 100,000k/7 year bumber-bumber deal for $900.00 after haggling. 0 deductable. I checked out the company's BBB rating and didn't see any problems there and I haven't had to use it yet. Does anyone else have this warranty?

GrahamKracka
12-09-2004, 12:55 PM
i payed 1200 for up to 60000 miles with 0$deductable

'01GTgirl
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
5 year/60,000 mile for $600 and haven't been able to use it on anything that's broken recently... go figure

Bouchie11982
12-10-2004, 06:26 AM
shoot...i wasnt sure if i wanted my extended warranty....it woudl be $1900 for 6 years or 48 K...i'd prolyl hit the 48K first...but still too much for an extended warranty

brsexton
12-10-2004, 07:48 AM
I have Warranty Direct on my alero for 6 years 100k miles. Its pretty much their bumper to bumper coverage. I have not used it yet (my car only has 31k on it), but I am very sure it will come in handy in the next few years. I done alot of research on the company before I bought it.