air filters [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : air filters

Tingalor
09-14-2002, 09:46 PM
what do we think about K&N filters vrs. the AEM (or whatever brand you want) air intakes? i'm leaning towards, intake but wonder what your opinons are on them - plus....cheapest place to get one?

Blackrider
09-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Well i guess i cant say use the search button anymore lol I would go with a K&N they just flow better and they are easyer to clean i live in canada so i couldent tell you where to buy one they
www.partsforyourcar.com

BMOBYLE
09-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Tingalor
what do we think about K&N filters vrs. the AEM (or whatever brand you want) air intakes? i'm leaning towards, intake but wonder what your opinons are on them - plus....cheapest place to get one?

Yeah I would say use the search button but don't know how much info you'll get cause the site went down a little bit ago!
Only because this thread has been BEATEN to death!
Didn't know AEM made a CAI for the GAGTs' but my advice to you is to either buy the civic cai or the one form apoc.com unless your skilled enough to make your own then buy the biggest cone you can that will actually fit in your fender well!! Good luck!!

Blackrider
09-14-2002, 11:29 PM
What he said :stupid: LOL

StarFire
09-15-2002, 07:02 AM
AEM doesn't make CAIs, but they make the filter that will fit onto the Civic/FDP Cai.

The AEM gives you better performance in the lower RPMs than K&N...but K&N gives you a little bit more in the upper RPMs. From what I have heard from some people...they actually like the AEMs feel through the RPMs a little more. :)

I'm getting an AEM to see how it works. Course I need to get my FDP Cai first. :rolleyes:

Drew99GT
09-15-2002, 12:11 PM
The AEM filters have an airhorn which will smooth out airflow and such, giving crisper throttle response I believe. Damn good design! S and B makes a similar design, but allows you to move the airhorn inside the filter so you can tune it for your car, which is even sweeter.

BMOBYLE
09-15-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Blackrider
What he said :stupid: LOL

Hey just cause i Can't find canada on a map doesn't mean I'm stupid!:D

SpyhunteR
09-15-2002, 11:15 PM
last i heard K&N specially makes the filters for AEM

Pucci
09-15-2002, 11:25 PM
You can't go wrong with an S&B Powerstack filter. It has the inverted end. It is so nice. I had a guy today ask me if my car was a turbo because he heard the wistle of my filter. So that is sweet in my book. Now i just have to get the Civic Short Ram put on and it will be killer.

Pucci

ryGT1
09-16-2002, 12:03 AM
I dont know if you know Pucci... but that wistle is not from the
filter, its from the air rushing past the throttle body. But either
way... it sounds awesome!

Blackrider
09-16-2002, 12:24 AM
BMOBYLE its hard to find canada on a map we are all tucked away down here LOL lol

shawnven
09-17-2002, 07:47 AM
so from what you guys say these s&b are the way to go, so where would i find one?

Blackrider
09-17-2002, 10:16 AM
I personaly like K&N's but Thats just me

John95GA
09-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Pucci
You can't go wrong with an S&B Powerstack filter. It has the inverted end. It is so nice. I had a guy today ask me if my car was a turbo because he heard the wistle of my filter. So that is sweet in my book. Now i just have to get the Civic Short Ram put on and it will be killer.

Pucci

Hey, I've been using the search tool, but haven't found an answer to this: my g/f just got an '02 GAGT1 and wants a cone filter; what size flange does she need to attach it to the MAF? 3" or 3.5"? I can't recall. Thanks!

BMOBYLE
09-30-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Blackrider
BMOBYLE its hard to find canada on a map we are all tucked away down here LOL lol

lol