Quick Stock Head Unit Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Stock Head Unit Question

CDW00GT
09-16-2002, 08:03 AM
I have a stock cd player that I am selling. I don't have steering wheel controls. Someone that is interested in my head unit has steering wheel controls. Will his steering wheel controls plug into my factory CD player? Mine is out of my 2000 GT. Here is my head unit for sale http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1381620788

thanks

CDW00GT
09-16-2002, 08:23 PM
Nobody knows?

MagiLLa
09-16-2002, 09:10 PM
i dont know, but holy crap ! you are selling those POS's for $100 US! i dont think anybody is crazy enough to buy those for THAT price. dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lrymal
09-17-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by MagiLLa
i dont know, but holy crap ! you are selling those POS's for $100 US! i dont think anybody is crazy enough to buy those for THAT price. dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ummm, dig around on the COMPLETED ITEMS for those units at EBay. His price is right on target. He should get it.

Actually, this is not a bad HU. You get AM/FM/CD, and an honest-to-goodness equalizer which doesn't require anyone digging deep into a menuing scheme to get to. Plus the anti-theft is there.

If mine had had MP3 capability, I would not have replaced it.

Regarding the steering wheel control access... There were comments on that prior to the server crash, but I recall it involved a special harness and it was a real bear to work with. I remember one guy gave up and had his dealer do the harness install. Beyond that, I can't recall enough about it.

GrandAmSC/T
09-17-2002, 10:17 PM
Yes his steering wheel controls will plug into your factory cd player as long as it is a grand am cd player. All of the stock cd players have the plug for the controls whether theres controls or not.

As for aftermarket cd players those are the ones that you have to buy a SoundGate module for, and are a little tricky ;)

CDW00GT
09-18-2002, 02:33 AM
Ok, thank you for answering my question.