GT Bumper indents [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GT Bumper indents

SilverGA2001
09-16-2002, 09:40 PM
Now that I have a cone filter in the wheel well, I'm looking at how to provide more fresh air to it. Looks kind of confined still. The fender lining kind of contains all the movement in there. Some air probably goes in through the fog light housing. But I'm wondering that if I cut the GT's bumper indents out, or at least drill a few holes in them, or even Gutter Guard them, how much extra air would be getting to the cone? Anyone with a CAI tried this? I remember from the old boards that someone cut out the indents, but I can't remember who or if they had a cai. I just think I could flow some more outside air into it.

SikMindz
09-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Black Widow from these boards who also happens to be in the same car club has done this. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt and it sure looks pretty trick! If you've got gutter guard just put some in there to match! Lemme see if I can find a pic..

Here's one...not a great one but he does have a CAI in the front GT bumper (which just happens to be my old one as a matter of fact)

(You'll notice the slightly lighter color of the gutter guard where the indentations are cut out)
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/efc368c4/bc/Variable+Effect+Club+Pics/Dave%27s+Ride.jpg?bcDFkr9AKKfGMDKZ

I believe helmet has also done this as well..

peeps
09-17-2002, 04:34 AM
and jaketuff.....

SilverGA2001
09-17-2002, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the names guys. Think I'll PM them. Just couldn't remember whose all done what. hehe.

buzzaudio
09-17-2002, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't that allow water to possibly get in and ruin the cone?