Seller rating/feedback in For Sale section? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Seller rating/feedback in For Sale section?

Gator
06-11-2003, 03:52 PM
I have now concluded 2 deals with board members where everything went great and 1 that might be a problem. I have seen posts where others have had great and also questionable dealings with people as well. My thought is to add a sticky in FS where usernames can be posted for good or bad dealings. Any thoughts?

Richard
"Gator"

2002GT
06-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Good Idea! But I think an explanation should go along with it... and also a chance for the user who is called out to explain what happend

peeps
06-11-2003, 04:05 PM
only if it is a closed thread and the moderator of the section adds to the sticky through civil PM's from users. Otherwise it will just get ugly!

Gator
06-11-2003, 04:07 PM
That is what I had in mind peeps, where users post and the moderator adds the info to the ratings section.

Richard
"Gator"

Chaotic Reality
07-04-2003, 02:16 PM
The guru's could look at vbulletin.org and find hacks that could be useful for such things, like ratings, or comments, stuff like there...I dont know any off the top of my head but there's a ton of stuff over there.

J.

luniz
10-29-2003, 10:58 PM
I definately think that we should go forth with this idea, especially with a couple of people getting raw deals lately. I know that the for sale section is at your own risk, but I think that feedback for sales can help out people in making a decision to buy or sell. Of course I don't know if it is possible to do it with the software, but if it is, that would be great.

UNCTYPE-S
11-02-2003, 04:39 PM
i have suggested this 6 months ago as i was ripped off by someone on here. nobody ever took action in doing so.

blake
11-02-2003, 04:45 PM
i think we should keep this thread alive till the guru does this...b/c its a good idea, there doesn't need to be any more ripped-off people

UNCTYPE-S
11-02-2003, 05:03 PM
ur right, their shouldnt. but one will never know who is good and who is bad.

for example: someone could have a history of selling good products with respectable prices and very fast shipping time.

but maybe they ripped someone off after that. you just never know and shouldnt trust anyone.

have i bought from people on here?.......yes
did i take the risk of getting ripped off?..........yes

i think it would be a good idea to make a section known out there about what people ripped off, but u can never go by those statistics cause u just never know.

blake
11-02-2003, 08:50 PM
good point..

CruzinGT33
11-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Why couldn't you incorportate this into the bio page for each user... like an ebay kinda thing.. it would be a little bit more seller specific, instead of having to search through threads..

lightningGA
11-03-2003, 03:23 PM
sounds good to me....I have bought stuff from people here and I buy stuff off of ebay.........have yet to get ripped off but I hate reading that other people have...........go for it!!!!

CruzinGT33
11-04-2003, 09:43 AM
SWEET... Thanks,.. I need to come up with these good ideas more often....