anyone ever heard of this [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever heard of this

trumptght69
06-23-2003, 01:46 PM
ok so my car has been acting weird lately my turn signals dont always work its is usaully at night when the auto lights come on, secondly every now and again the ABS, service engine soon and trac off lights come on out of nowhere anyone ever ehard of this and if u have any suggestions

d_o_dundee
06-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Ya i had the same problem on my 2000 gt..... just before i traded it in for my 03 gt, the trun signals went all screwy on me and random lights started to pop up at random times.

Since it was still under waranty i took it in to my dealer and they replaced the entire turn signal mechanism, as well as the hazard light mechanism. as for the random lights, they told me that they had to reprogram the computer, and that basically fixed it.

I would recommend (if its still under waranty) to take it back to your gm dealer and get then to fix it.

good luck

sanjeev

Gimli
06-24-2003, 05:58 AM
A few weeks ago I had the ABS-SVS-Trac off light problems and it ended up being a worn wheel hub and bearing assembly that also messed up one of my Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Fortunately I'm still covered by the warranty because there was for $700 worth of parts only.

Inferno
06-24-2003, 01:43 PM
I had the exact same problem as Gimli, only no warranty

T's03GT
06-24-2003, 02:39 PM
I had the same problems on my 99 that I just traded in. My Trac light would come on sitting still in park! I didn't take it in..instead I traded it in and got my new baby! Good luck!

asepgrad98
06-25-2003, 06:50 AM
the turn signals not working is the hazard switch. the flasher is made into the switch. it happened to my car under warranty. the instrument cluster has to removed to replace it.

trumptght69
07-09-2003, 10:13 AM
so more than likely my warranty will cover it because i dont have the gm warranty i have an extened warranty or whatever through the dealer

fireshadow540
07-11-2003, 09:51 PM
have the same problems here too.. the comp. had to get reprogramed under recall and for the flasher unit it costs somewhwere in the neighborhood of about 40.00 for it.. and the worst part about it is that it is a dealer item only.. unless there is somehwere her online to get one ordered for cheaper

zootelevision
08-01-2003, 11:04 AM
I've had the recent problem where none of the lights on my dash, including turn signals, don't come on. After I turn off the ignition and then start it up again, the turn signals and other light work fine. Is this the same problem?