Pics of GTO (Holden) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pics of GTO (Holden)

detroitgt
06-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Well my Dad has been driving a Holden HSV GTO for the last week and I took a couple of PICS. They are kind of crappy because I was using one of those new disposible DigiCams (they suck).

It was a 6-speed with Right-hand drive, which was a pain to get use too. It was however, VERY VERY peppy. I got it to squak through 4 gears with little slip. It was rather hard to get the back end to stay straight w/ the traction control off. I was really impressed with its looks, handeling and performance. From the undersatnding I got from my dad this one had the emissions controls and suspension that is going to be used on the North American version. Hopefully if this car catches on there will be some cool competition. Its about time we got a V8 RWD Manual!!

This is the ext pic...

detroitgt
06-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Pic of the engine...

cavingman
06-24-2003, 01:53 PM
dude. drive to lansing. now.

Kdawg207
06-24-2003, 01:56 PM
those pix make that car very appealing.
But the 1/4 mile time for me is just too low for the dough

koolZ71
06-24-2003, 02:08 PM
i didnt know they were available for purchase yet..but wow:)

detroitgt
06-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by koolgt
i didnt know they were available for purchase yet..but wow:)

No, they are not.

My dad works for GM Powertrain...they are just running tests for emission certification.

koolZ71
06-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by detroitgt
No, they are not.

My dad works for GM Powertrain...they are just running tests for emission certification.

kool me and ur dad are part of the same stuff;)..i work at dmax we make the duramax...go powertrain..i know how he got it then...we got 10 test trucks at our work, so i can see how then:)..by the way did it pass emissions:D