Cut out???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cut out????

75thAnnGT
09-19-2002, 05:26 AM
Let me first say, I really know nothing about mods, but am slowly learning with help here. A friend of mine has a ZR28, and has a cut out. He's telling me this is what I need to do, says I'll get more power than an exhaust system??? Has anyone done this? I really don't want to ruin the car. Thanks

adorai
09-19-2002, 06:17 AM
i'm not really sure what a cut out is, so I am already weary of your friends advice. Unless he means cut out your catalytic converter, which may or may not be legal where you live. I know it is legal where I live, but I wouldn't be able to go to, say, chicago without my cat.

mfuller
09-19-2002, 06:20 AM
The search feature is your friend (hint, hint...nudge, nudge) - see this thread on exhaust cut-outs (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=503&highlight=exhaust+cutout).

75thAnnGT
09-19-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by mfuller
The search feature is your friend (hint, hint...nudge, nudge) - see this thread on exhaust cut-outs (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=503&highlight=exhaust+cutout).

Thanks...explained alot. Have to think about this one for a bit. Seriously considering SLP exhaust. They had a big SLP customer appreciation day down here in August, and I liked what I saw/heard. They hooked everyone up and rented the track for the day for anyone who wanted to run...all free.

Macleod52
09-19-2002, 08:10 AM
Dude don't cut out your exhaust! Go with the SLP you'll be much happier w/the sound and gains that you'll get with it!!!!!

MidwestJosh
09-19-2002, 08:19 AM
He's talking about an electric cut-out, not removing his exhaust. This way you have have an exhaust with no mufflers when racing.

www.quicktimeperformance.com

resevil83
09-19-2002, 08:21 AM
linky no worky... what kind of benefits will we see with this elctric cut out?

MidwestJosh
09-19-2002, 08:21 AM
Try it now, I edited it.

resevil83
09-20-2002, 12:10 AM
there was another one.. on the old board some guy said he found a guy with a gt in an internet cafe. They gave us a link and he was telling us how it sounded so sweet. I forget the link though it had videos of a gtp and other things.... it was sweet.

TightGT1
09-22-2002, 08:30 PM
i think i am going to get the manual one with just the wing nuts. where would u guys reccomend i mount this. i took off the resonator some time ago, should i just put there where the test pipe is??

resevil83
09-22-2002, 08:47 PM
did anyone find the site that I was talking bout earlier... They had these elctronic valves that opened (took 3 seconds to open) for like grand prix's and trans ams and stuff... Is it the same site?? I don't think it was.

MidwestJosh
09-22-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by resevil83
did anyone find the site that I was talking bout earlier... They had these elctronic valves that opened (took 3 seconds to open) for like grand prix's and trans ams and stuff... Is it the same site?? I don't think it was.

http://www.promuffler.com/supplies.htm

Or try Jegs or Summit. QTEC is the only place I know of that is electric, meaning you don't have to climb under your car every time to open the cut-out.