Sister bought an '01 GT1 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sister bought an '01 GT1

RykrosGT
07-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Just introducting myself to the forum, as it's the polite thing to do :D

My sister just purchased a 2001 GT1 in Redondo Red with the tan interior. She's not wild about the interior, but this is the 3rd car we've had the dealer pick off of auction and ironically enough he forgot that she wanted a black interior. Nevetheless, the vinyl could be painted over if she really wanted to.. unless someone wants to swap door panels ;)

However, this car ended up being in such good condition, ran so well; no misses, exhaust note was smooth smell wasn't overly rich, tranmission was firm and slick, and the Magnasteer is working quite well... and the body parts lined up perfectly... this was just too good of a car to pass up.

The last 2 this guy picked off of option has some serious issues, the steering even went out on one with a strange front suspension sound as well! I could tell a kid owned it, because I could see remnance of caliper paint on the back...

I'm going to essentially be her source for troubleshooting issues and finding the right parts for what she needs, so that's why I'll be lurking around here instead of her. She's not really interested in internet forums.

As for myself, I looked at and drove a Grand Am GT after my GTP was totalled last year... but I really wanted a manual transmission car again, and preferred an import. I own a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, and aside from some of the major-but-known problemss I've had, I absolutely love the car. I will be relocating to northern California next month as well.

Enough of my short novel, I look forward to enjoying my stay :)

luniz
07-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the site. You can find a ton of info here. There is even an member that drives a Spec V here as well. Pretty quick car:thumbs:

AznGA
07-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Welcome....why don't you have her register too.
:)

RykrosGT
07-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by AznGA
Welcome....why don't you have her register too.
:)

she's not an internet person. she logs on for some news and info and email maybe once a day for 10 minutes and she's offline. she absolutely loves Grand Ams and she loves the car she bought, all things considered, but she's not an auto enthusiast at all. she'd never check these forums.

ViperGTSR
07-18-2003, 03:26 PM
How did she get a tan interior in a 2001? That was only offered in 99. But welcome to the site!

Phantom Phoenix
07-18-2003, 03:26 PM
my 2001 has a tan interior

ViperGTSR
07-18-2003, 03:40 PM
woa! i did not know that they offered that, have a pic?

RykrosGT
07-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, she had a tan CLOTH interior, if you were thinking I was talking about leather. :p

If there was any doubt, the manufacture date of the vehicle is 11/00 ;)

This Monsoon unit is pretty cool, too bad the Detroit area is so lame that only 3 stations actually transmit RDS. 89X, 93.9, and 104.3 I was playing with it for a good half hour when she brought the car home today.

I'll post pics once I get a pair of fresh batteries for my digicam

ViperGTSR
07-18-2003, 08:15 PM
thats ok cuz 89X rocks

RykrosGT
07-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ViperGTSR_500hp
thats ok cuz 89X rocks

If I do actually listen to the radio, it's typically on 89X... except for like friday and saturday night which I turn to DRQ or Q95 for all the club stuff :D

Warthog
07-19-2003, 01:18 AM
how old is your sister and is she hot? :)

Phantom Phoenix
07-19-2003, 08:23 AM
i don't have a pic right now but i'll try and get one when i get home

ChaosKid420
07-20-2003, 09:21 AM
You guys want good club music, you need to come to Chicago and I'll show you guys the time of your life.

swordfencer
08-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Hey Rykros,

Check out the Western Section. We have meets going on every so often here in California, and here in Sacramento as well.

RykrosGT
08-04-2003, 08:06 AM
I guess it wasn't vey clear in my post, so I'll clarify it here :)

I'm moving myself to California, with my Sentra, in 8 days. My family lives in Michigan. :)

swordfencer
08-04-2003, 08:07 AM
No biggie, you are still invited to the meets. They are open to anybody, and I am sure you can send ideas to your sister.

chill03sct
08-06-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ChaosKid420
You guys want good club music, you need to come to Chicago and I'll show you guys the time of your life.

i will have to admit he is right, even tho i live in missouri now... i lived in geneva a western suburb of chicago for 14 years... loved the place and everything about it and will be moving back soon... oh, and welcome!:D

ChaosKid420
08-12-2003, 12:02 AM
When you come back, lemme know. We'll hit up the clubs and stuff!

SikMindz
08-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by swordfencer
Hey Rykros,

Check out the Western Section. We have meets going on every so often here in California, and here in Sacramento as well.

Ditto what he said! Welcome to the forums and (almost) welcome to Cali! :thumbs:

Vintalage
09-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by RykrosGT
This Monsoon unit is pretty cool, too bad the Detroit area is so lame that only 3 stations actually transmit RDS. 89X, 93.9, and 104.3 I was playing with it for a good half hour when she brought the car home today.

Welcome!!!

Here in DC, i've noticed alot more stations broadcasting RDS. It's too bad they don't use the info feature to it's full potential. I want to see what song and artist i'm listening along with the station's information. All I get is info about the station.

I really want to add xm to the stock system and it can be done. Unfortunately, GM won't release the digital xm receiver. Pretty sad. I hate gm!!! :rage: