Covered by Warrenty? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Covered by Warrenty?

RamAir
08-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey I recenlty noticed that the front driver side headlamp cover (the clear plastic) is cracking from the inside (if u feel the outside there is no damage), it kinda looks like a spiders nest and seems to be getting worse. Anyone know if this is covered under warrenty?

AznGA
08-06-2003, 12:48 PM
It must have got hit. I don't think that can be covered.

SOCKS99SE
08-06-2003, 12:51 PM
still wouldnt hurt to stop by the dealer and ask, you never know

Jagey
08-06-2003, 01:06 PM
I doubt that is covered, seems like damage.

AznGA
08-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Sorry to be negative. It wouldn't hurt to just go and ask. My fog light bulb went out and I went in and asked for it. They did it for free.
:)

RamAir
08-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Yeah i don't know if they can consider it damage cause from the outside the lens is NOT cracked and there is no mark or anything from where it got hit. Though when you look at it u can see kind of like viens in the plastic. I think i'll just ask...whats the worst that can happen they say no?

SOCKS99SE
08-06-2003, 02:35 PM
true, its the way I have always thought when talking to women. I already dont have their #, so what do I have to lose??

RamAir
08-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Haha...Now if were only i knew as much about women as i do about my GA. I did make a trip to the dealership on the way home from work. They said it's not covered under warrenty but because it's not caused by damage to the cover they will only charge me for the parts which isn't bad (25 bucks for the front assembly since they cannot just remove that part). See it never hurts to ask, though with women you gotta be careful sometimes you might be asking one thing and get a slap instead!:p (just joking around galls don't take any offence to this...)

AznGA
08-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Worst thing the dealer can say is "NO". Same thing applies with women. It's easy to say that, but in real life, I have trouble asking them out. Ya, I am just a wuss.

:D

HatchetRyda
08-08-2003, 07:05 PM
I had a smililar problem with my driver side headlamp....well not cracking but the right side of the left head lamp came loose from the adjuster....and was hanging grotesquely out of alighnment....so i took it in and they said it wasn't covered by warranty so i was like **** you guys i'll figure how to fix it myself....and i did...well sorta....it's still loose but i got it back in alighnment...

Gimli
08-12-2003, 07:40 AM
If there's no impact mark it should be covered under warranty.

When I got 5 cracks in less than 6 months on my windshield they told me they couldn't change it under warranty because it had impact divots where the tiny rocks it and that's a specific warranty exclusion (collision). If there would've been no impact mark they would've changed it under warranty.

Try to wrestle a bit with them and ask to see the warranty article that excludes your damage.