GTO'S At Dealers!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GTO'S At Dealers!!!

detroitgt
08-20-2003, 07:33 AM
I heard on a radio commercial for Red Holman Pontiac in Westland, MI that they have GTO'S on the lot. I am sure some of the other local lots have them too.

DumpsterDamon
08-20-2003, 05:11 PM
i drove by there today and didn't see any.

detroitgt
08-21-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by DumpsterDamon
i drove by there today and didn't see any.

Yeah, so did I.

I called the dealer and they said that the commercial should have said they will be in soon, and that they are taking orders. The funny thing is, on the way home I saw 5 of them being trucked on I - 275.

Who knows?????

cavingman
08-21-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by detroitgt
Yeah, so did I.

I called the dealer and they said that the commercial should have said they will be in soon, and that they are taking orders. The funny thing is, on the way home I saw 5 of them being trucked on I - 275.

Who knows?????

yea ive seen a few being trucked too. looks purty :)

redgtsamurai
08-22-2003, 06:30 PM
I think you guys are smoking that devil weed way too much! I called my salesman and he hasn't seen anything change from GM yet. It's still officially in September, GM will take the orders for the options on those people who got their pre-orders in. Delivery is still expected in December.

I've seen my order in the computer... waiting for GM to fill in the blanks ($$$$$$). :boogie:

HRT427
08-22-2003, 09:43 PM
there are a few being trucked around, but they aint for the dealers , more like GM test mules... although it wont be long now !!!

http://home.comcast.net/~jpaul155/gto/gto1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jpaul155/gto/gto_2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jpaul155/gto/gto_3.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jpaul155/gto/gto_4.jpg

SikMindz
08-22-2003, 10:11 PM
HRT is my hero. LoL

redgtsamurai
08-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Oh ****! Oh ****! My mouth is watering!

Gonna talk to my salesman again tomorrow! :thumbs:

kse73
08-23-2003, 01:23 AM
Omfg , why cant i afford you....WHY!?!?!?!?

balludc
08-23-2003, 11:05 AM
i cannot wait to see one at my local place... they are so freakin sweet! can you say test drive lol

-derek

AMRAAM4
08-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Those wheels would be gone in 2 days. They look like friggin Cavalier wheels.

redgtsamurai
08-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AMRAAM4
Those wheels would be gone in 2 days. They look like friggin Cavalier wheels.

More like one day. I've already lined up sponsers in that area. :boogie:

AMRAAM4
08-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by redgtsamurai
More like one day. I've already lined up sponsers in that area. :boogie:

At least we agree on something. Just hope it is a quality company now like Enkei, Volk, Advan, Centerline, Work.

5-lO
08-24-2003, 12:49 PM
I wish I had money for a GTO... maybe in 4 more years :-p

redgtsamurai
08-24-2003, 01:07 PM
At least we agree on something. Just hope it is a quality company now like Enkei, Volk, Advan, Centerline, Work.

I can't reveal my sources until I actually have the product on the car! :huh:

Waiting for the car is like a six year old waiting for Christmas morning! :(

I also have sponsers lined up for other "things" since this vehicle will be getting lots of attention but they're making the same claims to silence until the car is unvealed.

They will be quality parts and I'm experimenting with photo chopping (rims, tires, minimal grqphics, lowering) and other mods
I'm not able to discuss openly... yet! :boogie:

athomas
09-01-2003, 09:12 PM
I"m sure we'll see them around here being driven by GM employees long before the dealer sees them. Just like the 04 Prix's :D

DumpsterDamon
09-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by athomas
I"m sure we'll see them around here being driven by GM employees long before the dealer sees them. Just like the 04 Prix's :D

that's the only good thing about MI, we get to see cars before other people do, if we didn;t have snow this might be an alright place to live.

Jagey
09-01-2003, 11:29 PM
that's the only good thing about MI, we get to see cars before other people do, if we didn;t have snow this might be an alright place to live.

and don't forget the crime and the pothole ridden streets.

detroitgt
09-02-2003, 06:01 AM
Te GM employees have been driving them around here all summer. I am close to Milford, so that may be why I see a lot.

Not2OLD
09-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Something else to consider...these truckloads of GTOs may just be headed to regional storage lots. The dealer's allocations come from the storage lots...custom orders (builds) take quite a bit longer.

UNCTYPE-S
09-02-2003, 08:07 AM
i know my dealership hasnt received anything yet cause ive been calling every other day, but i know once they have landed in the showroom, they are not going to last long at all.

they'll probably be gone before i can even go look at one, let alone buy one.

GTLUVA
09-02-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm starting to regret buying my 2003 now. I should have just kept my 2000 GT and I could have had that paid off hardly down to nothing and I could have gotten one of those GTOs. :mad:

redgtsamurai
09-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by UNC0808
i know my dealership hasnt received anything yet cause ive been calling every other day, but i know once they have landed in the showroom, they are not going to last long at all.

they'll probably be gone before i can even go look at one, let alone buy one.

I seriously doubt you'll even get to test drive one since you must be on the list to order one. I'd be pretty ****ed off if the salesmen started joy riding around in mine! :huh:

AMRAAM4
09-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I just spoke with my bro-in-law ths weekend, he has 2 ordered and is guaranteed allocation of one. No one has it ordered or reserved. I might have to drive home that weekend :D

redgtsamurai
09-02-2003, 07:32 PM
I just spoke with my bro-in-law ths weekend, he has 2 ordered and is guaranteed allocation of one. No one has it ordered or reserved. I might have to drive home that weekend :D

LOL! I have one order and one allocated (just got off the phone with my dealer sales manager). Your bro-in-law is trying to be selfish by getting two! LOL!

Call me if you need a ride home! You know I have to find a nice little deserted street to test the torque! :thumbs:

AMRAAM4
09-02-2003, 07:39 PM
No way in hell he gets 2. It is a small delaership in western NY. He said the owner might even take the car. Even though I am not really into the car....hell, if I have the dough and am smitten by it when I see it, I might have to tell the owner to go crash another Viper (he's crashed 2, an RT 10 and a GTS!!!)

redgtsamurai
09-02-2003, 07:44 PM
No way in hell he gets 2. It is a small delaership in western NY. He said the owner might even take the car. Even though I am not really into the car....hell, if I have the dough and am smitten by it when I see it, I might have to tell the owner to go crash another Viper (he's crashed 2, an RT 10 and a GTS!!!)

That dealer needs to be strung up by his thumbs!

I'm pushing it just getting the one since the wife will now have to drive the Grand Am since I'll trade the van in on it (higher blue book). :boogie:

iceman
09-02-2003, 07:46 PM

Sounds like he's related to Brendan ??

I forgot to ask about the GTO when I was at pontiac the other day.. I was singin the TA tune.. I gotta find out tho

UNCTYPE-S
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
i dont know about ur guys' dealerships, but no one is signed up for the ones here when they come in. i asked already.

WithaZ
09-04-2003, 12:56 PM
I seem to recall, I think it was the Sales Manager or General Manager at Noonan Pontiac telling us at an MGAC outing that they where not allowed to waitlist anyone for the GTO's - - it had to be all first come first served when they arrive at the lot. He said they did the same thing with Anniversary Corvettes and there where people camped out in RV's waiting for them to arrive on the carriers!!

Mike (gpnomo) correct my story, you where there...if I have any of this wrong... but I'm pretty sure that's what he told us.

UNCTYPE-S
09-04-2003, 01:17 PM
it only makes sense. i mean if their going to make a limited amount of them, there shouldnt be a list cause their will be alot of people that are going to miss out that didnt know when they even came out. if they were smart, they would do some kind of auction, where if their making a limited amount of them, the highest bidder gets it.

i can honestly say in this circumstance that you are pretty much paying for the name. 40k for a car that looks like an avenger, but as powerful as a trans am. but i wont go into that. its all personal preference.

Not2OLD
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by WithaZ
I seem to recall, I think it was the Sales Manager or General Manager at Noonan Pontiac telling us at an MGAC outing that they where not allowed to waitlist anyone for the GTO's - - it had to be all first come first served when they arrive at the lot. He said they did the same thing with Anniversary Corvettes and there where people camped out in RV's waiting for them to arrive on the carriers!!

Mike (gpnomo) correct my story, you where there...if I have any of this wrong... but I'm pretty sure that's what he told us.

That's precisely what he said. They won't waitlist the allocation, they don't need to. They already know who is going to get the first ones. After all, they are car dealers:wave:

cavingman
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by iceman
Sounds like he's related to Brendan ??
maybe i should keep a search for my name bookmarked :rage:

DumpsterDamon
09-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by cavingman
maybe i should keep a search for my name bookmarked :rage:

or just stop being a focktard with ur car and not have to worry about it. :wave:

AMRAAM4
09-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Seth - 396
Brendan - 0

Kyle - 1
Brendan - 0

cavingman
09-04-2003, 02:38 PM
or just stop being a focktard with ur car and not have to worry about it. :wave:

better idea: quit being a bitch about it and go to the ****ing pitt meet *****!

AMRAAM4
09-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Update:

Kyle - 1
Brendan - 1

DumpsterDamon
09-04-2003, 02:45 PM
better idea: quit being a bitch about it and go to the ****ing pitt meet *****!

u have a sister?

cavingman
09-04-2003, 02:47 PM
u have a sister?

i had your sister :D

DumpsterDamon
09-04-2003, 02:48 PM

now i know where her kid is so ugly...

AMRAAM4
09-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Update:

Kyle - 0 (-1, not original)

Brendan - 2 (touche`)

cavingchick
09-04-2003, 04:49 PM

UH....

HELLO!

Uhm....your ass is grass buddy!

UNCTYPE-S
09-04-2003, 07:27 PM
cavingchick-1
cavingman-0

OWNED!!!!

redgtsamurai
09-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by WithaZ

Sorry but GM has a waiting list at every dealer. It's computerized and you can check GM's list policy on www.pontiac.com

I've been on the list at my dealers for over a year (since I'm in their good graces and my salesman sold me a car and van in a three month period). He also is being promoted to Sales Manager and is taking care of me! He told me others have now started to enquire about the GTO but they'll have to suffer. I'm number one on the list and as soon as GM posts the numbers for the costs on his computer, he'll contact me for the options and the build order will automatically go in to GM for the December deliverys. :wave:

UNCTYPE-S
09-04-2003, 07:33 PM
i dont think thats true, seeing as though i just stepped in the door from going to my pontiac dealership.

this is what they told me.

they will be stickered for around 39,000 but will be around 35 before they sticker them. they have 10 preorders already. not people on the LIST. just preorders. meaning they payed ahead of time.

there is no list. first come first serve and their isnt 2 per dealership, cause this one already has 10 confirmed orders. 9 of them will be auto and 1 is the 6-speed.

they expect them sometime in november. their already made and are coming from australia and will be here by nov.

so now, tell me how their is a waiting list?

redgtsamurai
09-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by UNC0808
i dont think thats true, seeing as though i just stepped in the door from going to my pontiac dealership.

this is what they told me.

they will be stickered for around 39,000 but will be around 35 before they sticker them. they have 10 preorders already. not people on the LIST. just preorders. meaning they payed ahead of time.

there is no list. first come first serve and their isnt 2 per dealership, cause this one already has 10 confirmed orders. 9 of them will be auto and 1 is the 6-speed.

they expect them sometime in november. their already made and are coming from australia and will be here by nov.

so now, tell me how their is a waiting list?

Don't know about your dealership or whether or not you checked the pontiac site. My dealership has a computerized waiting list on the GM server waiting for the blank dollar amounts to be filled in. Options orders are to be taken this month for the build orders with delivery in December. I had my Sales Manager investigate the scenario and he shows me the list on the computer everytime I visit him to check the status of the order. I've heard rumors of people prepaying which can be done IF the individual dealership
wants to take the responsibility for holding an account as such. My dealer is following the GM/Pontiac guidelines.

Dealers who have no customers showing interest in the GTO's will not receive an allocation until all outstanding orders are filled.

My dealership knows my finances and is willing to go to lengths to ensure I'll be a happy camper the day I place the order for the options. Chances are I'll buy the GTO outright on delivery with the van trade in and cash balance. :boogie:

Not2OLD
09-05-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by redgtsamurai
Don't know about your dealership or whether or not you checked the pontiac site. My dealership has a computerized waiting list on the GM server waiting for the blank dollar amounts to be filled in.

The dealer may very well have a "list" on the GM[Access] server but that list is not recognized by GM. The VOMS (Vehicle Order Management Suite) application does not have a "stand-by" waitlist function.

I do believe you stand the best chance of getting an early GTO, and for that I congratulate you. Lucky bastage, You!!!

Anyhow, as I said in my earlier comments, all this talk of what car dealers say and don't say is very subjective. You MUST remember, we are dealing with car dealers here. These are independent business people and can run their respective operations differently depending on their franchise agreements with the different manufacturers.

Sales Volume is what gives them clout with the manufacturers.<---period.

redgtsamurai
09-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by gpnomo
The dealer may very well have a "list" on the GM[Access] server but that list is not recognized by GM. The VOMS (Vehicle Order Management Suite) application does not have a "stand-by" waitlist function.

I do believe you stand the best chance of getting an early GTO, and for that I congratulate you. Lucky bastage, You!!!

Anyhow, as I said in my earlier comments, all this talk of what car dealers say and don't say is very subjective. You MUST remember, we are dealing with car dealers here. These are independent business people and can run their respective operations differently depending on their franchise agreements with the different manufacturers.

Sales Volume is what gives them clout with the manufacturers.<---period.

They can wheel & deal me in any fashion they choose. I and they both know they'll be pulling in a heafty commission on this sale since they've already pointed out to me they cannot discount this purchase. LOL! They also know I can pick and choose my fiancial options (benefits of being an old fart owning a house) so there is a certain amount of leverage on both sides to make this work. I've already offered to put up a bond or deposit to lock the deal.

All I care is that they deliver and follow thru with the GTO. :wave:

Jagey
09-05-2003, 01:22 PM
That is probably their gimmick to guarantee you will come back asking for the GTO. Watch, you are going to end up waiting for it anyways.

redgtsamurai
09-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jagey
That is probably their gimmick to guarantee you will come back asking for the GTO. Watch, you are going to end up waiting for it anyways.

As long as I get the GTO I don't mind waiting until December. :wave: