Mazdaspeed Protege' [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed Protege'

Panacea
09-22-2003, 03:33 PM
What's everyones take on it? Good car , yes, no? I'm looking for unbiased views...

170hp turbo'd with a 5 speed.

AMRAAM4
09-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Very good car for the price.

Looks very sharp and sporty, not like a typical cheap Protege.

Not as fast as a WRX or SRT-4.

Can't boost its performance up as high as the other cars like the SRT-4,WRX,Evo

Very hard to find these, they are a limited build.

Since getting my Mazda I have paid much more attention to Mazda's line as a whole. They never even use to cross my mind. However, they make damn good cars and their styling is definitely taking a turn for the better. Right now, I'd have to say Mazda and Nissan make the best looking/durable cars on the market now for the general income buyer.

Panacea
09-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Cool, thanks...

I've been in the shopping mood, but know I can't afford it. Hopefully I'll get a nice job in the next year and can start saving my pennies. I need to save for a house and want a different car.

I figure I've got another year to pay for my car, and I've got another 4.5 year extended warranty so I can live with it till like 2007 or so. We'll see.

MetaGTP1
09-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Nice car, but weak on HP. ;)

Slim
09-23-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by AMRAAM4
Right now, I'd have to say Mazda and Nissan make the best looking/durable cars on the market now for the general income buyer.

I agree. My sister and my g/f both drive Mazdas. For the price they paid, both of them got a lot of car.

My g/f and I have taken her car (Protegé 5) on a couple long road trips and I'd have to say it's just as good for long trips as my GA.

As far as the Mazdaspeed Protegé, I've seen a couple around my town and I liked what I saw. Again, for what you pay, you get a decent car with some scoot.

Konos
10-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I looked at the Mazadaspeed. Nice car, but for about $4,000-$5,000 less I bought my Spec V instead. Just as fast (if not faster) and doing it all natural! :) Apparently you can't mod them much unless you start changing internals. Engine can't handle the power.

GregFarz78
10-08-2003, 05:31 AM
Nice looking car but mazda feel kinda short with the HP and internals...dont build a turbo car and skimp on stuff like that. I hear those protege's are very reliable though I guess that was mazdas main concern.

Blackrider
10-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Konos
I looked at the Mazadaspeed. Nice car, but for about $4,000-$5,000 less I bought my Spec V instead. Just as fast (if not faster) and doing it all natural! :) Apparently you can't mod them much unless you start changing internals. Engine can't handle the power.

Spec V's arent Faster, they run high to mid 15's stock, the MS run mid- low 15's some can ever run high 14's

Konos
10-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Blackrider
Spec V's arent Faster, they run high to mid 15's stock, the MS run mid- low 15's some can ever run high 14's

Lots of Specs over on the the vboard running low to mid 15s stock. Basically the Spec V vs. MSP race would come down to the driver. I stand by my ealier statement, I'll save the cash and pay off some schooling!