newbie with questions.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : newbie with questions..

James
09-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, I've visited this site serveral times in the past but recently I've become very much interested in fixing up my car and making it as good as I can get it (or at least afford). Anyway, I have a few questions regarding that issue. I hope this is a correct place to post them.

Anyway, for starters I'm curious what a good tint job would cost on a 1996 Grand Am GT. I know it really depends locally on how much that would cost, but what price would you expect? I would probably get the legal limit for % on my tint.

Secondly I'm curious about what intake is best for my car. I had a friend of mine who is very much into cars look at it and he said that the best way to go would be getting short ram put on my car. He said that I'd have to buy a relocation kit if I wanted a coldair intake since my battery is in the way. Any comments on that, and lastly how much do you expect that would run to pay for in parts?

Thanks a lot!

SwtGrndAmGT01
09-23-2003, 06:54 AM
Tint around me in Jerzee cost about 150- 200 for all the windows to be done. Doesn't matter what %. I had gotten mine in PA tho because its a hassle around here to get the fronts done since it is illegal. I paid 160 for all my windows and a 5 yr warrenty. Now about the parts for your can't help ya out there cause I have a 2001. I would suggest doing a cold air intake tho, its the best for it. Good luck!

balludc
09-23-2003, 09:33 AM
your battery isnt in the way... you can put a 2 or 3" pipe beside and behind it.

do a search on n-body.net for a CAI in your body style... i'm sure you'll get some ideas there. good luck :thumbs:

-derek

PontiacGT2K
09-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by James
Anyway, for starters I'm curious what a good tint job would cost on a 1996 Grand Am GT. I know it really depends locally on how much that would cost, but what price would you expect? I would probably get the legal limit for % on my tint.
Cost me $300 for all windows (on a sedan)....but they use the best tint, and no bubbles whatsoever. In fact, I've had people compliment the car just because of how good the tint job is.

Generally $200-$250 for a decent tint job.

SwtGrndAmGT01
09-23-2003, 10:10 AM
wow thats a lot for window tint. I have absolutelty no bubbles. tint is to the very very tip of the window, back window is done in one peice and it doesn't fade or scratch and i like i said it has a 5 yr warrenty on it.

PontiacGT2K
09-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah I've got a lifetime warrenty....but you'd have to know the tinting places in my area to understand. For $250 I could have them all done, and have it turn purple in a few months.....wheras my tint has gold flakes in it, best quality by far.

SwtGrndAmGT01
09-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by PontiacGT2K
Yeah I've got a lifetime warrenty....but you'd have to know the tinting places in my area to understand. For $250 I could have them all done, and have it turn purple in a few months.....wheras my tint has gold flakes in it, best quality by far.

Nice!. I had a place in south Jerzee that was excellent too, they used metal tint, they were a tad bit more money not much tho. then the place out in PA, but like I said some places are a pain when comming to tintin the front windows in NJ. Im satisfied with the tint I got cause Ill be getting rid of the car in 2 or 3 yrs.

balludc
09-23-2003, 12:44 PM
i paid like 170 with a lifetime warrenty at Ziebart here in town

-derek

PontiacGT2K
09-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah a lot of guys in my area go to Ziebart, but they use ****ty tint that turns purple over time. I hear it's only at the places here though, so you should be good to go.

2002GT
09-23-2003, 12:57 PM
I have 20% all around and a 5% 5 inch winshiled brow and I paid $90...

The average should cost around $130-$170... I wouldn't pay more that that...
Intake for your car is available and you don't have to get a relocation kit for your battery

balludc
09-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by PontiacGT2K
Yeah a lot of guys in my area go to Ziebart, but they use ****ty tint that turns purple over time. I hear it's only at the places here though, so you should be good to go.
normally when it turns purple, the owner sprayed something on it. but if it does, life time warrenties are good lol

i also had ziebart install a sunroof and they did a great job (life time warrenty with that too). their warrenties are also nation wide so if you buy tint in california, a ziebart in florida will take care of it. i like that ALOT... i'll always go with em. though i had to go back and have my back window redone. (had bubbles)

-derek