engine swap [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : engine swap

grandampower
09-23-2003, 06:16 PM
hi im jer and i have a 1992 grand am GT with a 2.3L DOHC,QUAD4,H.O with a T5 trany (manual) and i want to put a 2.4L in the car and i just want to no if the engine will bolt up to my tranny and what year of engine can i get to work

Ant
09-24-2003, 03:36 PM
i must say...that is one UNIQUE looking GA....:thumbs: :thumbs:

dunnoa bout that swap though....but anything is possible if you have the money...

balludc
09-24-2003, 03:43 PM
why would you want to swap to a weaker engine?? the quad HO is the best four banger next to the W41. stock like 180 hp. 2.4l is 150hp.

i would just keep the HO and add to it.

also... are you VenomX from other message boards?

-derek

grandampower
09-24-2003, 04:00 PM
man i no what ur saying cuz when my engine had low km i dyno'd it and i got like 196.3HP out of it and thats with it bone stock well i now its a great engine i juat cant get that many parts for it plus i cant get a s/c and the 2.4 has a 10PSI s/c for it and lots of upgrade's thats the only reson y i want a 2.4L but if any one can tell me if the heads r the same then it would help me so much

balludc
09-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by grandampower
man i no what ur saying cuz when my engine had low km i dyno'd it and i got like 196.3HP out of it and thats with it bone stock well i now its a great engine i juat cant get that many parts for it plus i cant get a s/c and the 2.4 has a 10PSI s/c for it and lots of upgrade's thats the only reson y i want a 2.4L but if any one can tell me if the heads r the same then it would help me so much
well if you ever find yourself a 2.4L... keep me in mind if you're getting rid of your HO :thumbs:

also... that car looks very familar... almost identical to someone's

-derek

cavingman
09-24-2003, 04:37 PM
fxdesigns.com
apparently grandampower was the first car for fitment

grandampower
09-24-2003, 04:55 PM
well the 2.3L that i have right now has 376,000 km so it needs everything replaced inside the motor and for all the ppl out there it is the car off fxdesigns and no its not mine but mine is like that but 2 door and its got a terminator 2 wing on the back and its pearl white and it's got 3" shag on the in side of the roof