question on a K n' N cone [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : question on a K n' N cone

UNCTYPE-S
09-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Ok i have a cai with a ****ty apc 5" cone on there now. I want a K n' N cone maybe 5" or 7" but when i went to autozone they had the cone filters there but it didnt come with a rubber coupler or a clamp. I was ****ed i went back and forth 3 times thinking maybe it was just the box. Now how do i assemble the K n" N cone to my cai pipe?? Do i have to go buy a coupler and clamp myself, cause it did not come with anything that will hold onto the cai pipe. please let me know cause i want to change filters before the winter and plus i want a rechargeable one. thanks.

Macleod52
09-29-2002, 12:38 AM
I don't know what this "Coupler" you are reffering to. But, some K&N's come with a clamp, others don't. Just for different cars I guess. I don't have the part # handy but I'm sure someone could help. Maybe you could just exchange it then. Otherwise someone else may know how to make it workable. Good Luck!

Dr_Kyle
09-29-2002, 01:19 AM
My K&N (part # RU-3130) came with a clamp. I can't imagine a cone filter that didn't come with a clamp or some sort of mechanism to tighten it onto the pipe.

UNCTYPE-S
09-29-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Kyle
My K&N (part # RU-3130) came with a clamp. I can't imagine a cone filter that didn't come with a clamp or some sort of mechanism to tighten it onto the pipe.

Nope, the two i checked out, the 5" one and the 7" cones did not come with any type of rubber of clamp to hold it to the pipe. But dr. kyle i will try and use that part number next time i go to the place and tell them that number. thanks. i was pretty upset when i saw that my crappy apc cone "the intimidator" came with a rubber coupler and a clamp but a high, well known company as K n' N didnt.

Blackrider
09-29-2002, 09:21 PM
my 10 inch K&N had a 4 inch opening so i went to home depo and bought a 4 inch to 3 inch pluming adapter and it worked great i had to have it a little but it worked

UNCTYPE-S
09-29-2002, 09:23 PM
so i take it that the cone im looking for doesnt come with an adapter or clamp. So if i buy the cone, i will have to go somewhere and buy the adapter and clamp. what would it take a whole 10 cents for k&n to include a clamp.

Schweppe23
10-05-2002, 10:01 AM
what is a inverted cone?
and what would be the best filter to use on our cai's

Faylix
10-05-2002, 12:04 PM
I got that same cone, without any way to connect it. What you do is drill 4 holes in it, not too deep or you will damage the filter, and screw it directly to the MAF, or the CAI. I use 3/4 inch screws