Bye bye Grand Am, hello G35 6MT coupe! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Grand Am, hello G35 6MT coupe!

John95GA
09-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Well guys and gals, the time has finally come. Today I traded in my beloved Grand Am and I will miss her dearly. I was going to wait another year after she was paid off (only had one more payment left), but the car was really starting to concern (and annoy) me with what seemed like tranny slippage over 50 mph and other miscelaneous noises, not to mention the good ol' GM rattles...

Since I am fortunate enough to be getting another good pay increase next month, I decided "why wait?" I might as well get the car of my dreams while I'm still young and single. While I got ripped on the trade-in, I got a really good lease deal on a silver 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe (nothing down; $499/month; 15K miles/year) w/ six-speed, Bose system, Brembro brakes, sunroof, and loads of other goodies. The car drives like a dream and feels soooo good. It's quick when you want it to be, but very easy to control whether you're driving it fast or just taking it easy. Best of all, there's enough cargo room to fit all my drums!

It's been fun being a part of this forum. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to sell the G/A on my own or take off a lot of the accessories I've added to her. The only thing I took were the headlight covers and cone air filter. I hope this site keeps growing and I will try not to be a stranger. I appreciate all the help and ideas I've received from everyone on this site and I've learned a lot about cars over the last 4 years through this site. Thanks for the memories, everyone; it's been a fun time!

Jagey
09-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Give me your new car. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, you can ship it there.

DumpsterDamon
09-28-2003, 05:09 PM
congrats on the new car, post some pics!

shawn2ktats
09-28-2003, 05:14 PM
man i love those g35's

UNCTYPE-S
09-28-2003, 06:49 PM
congrats on the new car, but why lease???

John95GA
09-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by UNC0808
congrats on the new car, but why lease???

Because it would cost about $750/month to finance, which is like having 2 mortgages; LOL! Besides, this car doesn't need to be modified, IMHO. I might get some nicer rims for it later on and maybe an approved intake, but that's probably it. ;) And, with 15K/year mileage allowance, I don't have to worry about over-the-mileage fees (which are only 15 cents/mile, but it's still nice), just excess wear & tear. I was originally planning on holding out for the G6, but (not to discourage anyone) I was afraid I'd be disappointed when it comes out. I test-drove a fully-loaded Mazda 6s also (very nice car also; I was impressed) and could've got 0% financing on it, but it just wasn't the same; I wanted a 250+ HP/14-second car (stock) and that one didn't quite cut it for me.

UNCTYPE-S
09-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by John95GA
I wanted a 250+ HP/14-second car (stock)

took part of that into the decisioning of my new car as well. well glad u like it. :cheers:

John95GA
09-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by UNC0808
took part of that into the decisioning of my new car as well. well glad u like it. :cheers:

Thanks. I hope you like yours too; a CL typeS, right? That's a great ride also; just not my style, though someone that works near me has a sweet white one w/ nice 5-spoke chrome rims. :thumbs: I hear they're going to stop making the CL though; the new TL is coming out now, but they tacked on 3K to the base price, so I hope for Acura's sake the buyers see the extra value. :rolleyes:

TJ95GAGT
09-29-2003, 06:27 AM
nice car, maybe if I get out of this hell hole college I could afford one. Nice choice though. Good luck with it.

UNCTYPE-S
09-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by John95GA
Thanks. I hope you like yours too; a CL typeS, right? That's a great ride also; just not my style, though someone that works near me has a sweet white one w/ nice 5-spoke chrome rims. :thumbs: I hear they're going to stop making the CL though; the new TL is coming out now, but they tacked on 3K to the base price, so I hope for Acura's sake the buyers see the extra value. :rolleyes:

yes a CL-S. it was perfect for me. theres nothing out there better. yes this year was the last year they are making these. it can be looked at as a good or bad thing. i consider it good. thanks again.

balludc
09-29-2003, 09:31 AM
sweet deal... definetly post pics. they are sharp!

-derek

John95GA
09-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Very nice-looking 95 G/A you have there, Derek! Much tighter car than I had at your age. ;) Is that the Predator body kit? Keep up the good work.

Kristi
09-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Any pics! Those cars are sweet!!!

John95GA
09-29-2003, 09:34 PM
I'll try to take some pics when the weather clears up around here. It's rained every day since I got the car; LOL :mad: I haven't even had a chance to take her on the freeway yet.

MetaGTP1
09-29-2003, 10:12 PM
I love those G35's. It has a sweet exhaust note. Good Luck with it,Bro.:thumbs: :thumbs:

John95GA
09-29-2003, 11:19 PM
Thanks, Kman. I'm all choked up now--'was just looking at my old n-body site and remembering how much work and pride I put in to that old red beast and all the good comments I've received in person over the years (still can't recall any negative ones). I hope she finds a good new owner that takes care of it as good as I did. :wave: