GM's policy on rotors.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GM's policy on rotors....

Slim
10-02-2003, 08:57 AM
Well, I experienced the warped rotors finally on my car. I spoke to my dealership and found out what GM's policy is on fixing the problem.

The rotors will be fixed under warranty within 18 months or 30,000 KMs ~(18,600 miles).

I've owned my car for 19 months, but my dealer pulled some strings and I got them fixed for nothing. Too bad they weren't warped enough to be replaced, but hey, a free machining is better than nothing.

excitement
10-02-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm not surprised. Usually the rotors/pads are warrantee for 12/12000 and you're out of luck if you're over either.

action
10-17-2003, 07:22 AM
They will extend the warratny if you get the brake caliper service done at the intervals listed in the owners manual.

Basically they take caliper off and clean off brake dust, inspect/clean and regrease the sliders. Gives you more even pad wear too.

Slim
10-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by action
They will extend the warratny if you get the brake caliper service done at the intervals listed in the owners manual.

Basically they take caliper off and clean off brake dust, inspect/clean and regrease the sliders. Gives you more even pad wear too.

Yeah..... I had that done under warranty at about 10,000 Kms because they were making noise. I think that's why I got the free machining. Meh... I don't care. They work great now and no warpage. :thumbs:

When they warp next, it's time for some slotted or drilled rotors.