99-03 Mustang GTs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 99-03 Mustang GTs

teambeechstreet
10-23-2003, 12:44 PM
My friend's sister came down yesterday and she has an 02 Mustang GT, and my buddy took me for a ride in it yesterday, and goddamn, those things have mad torque! When he threw it into 2nd, I got pushed back into my seat hard! And when lookin ahead, seein that scoop makes the ride seem krazier. I dunno, for a stock ride, its pretty bada$$.

When I was lookin for a car, I had the choice between the GAGT with the works, or a bone-stock Mustang GT with no add-ons at all, not even a spoiler or hood scoop. I think it was the payments per month (327 for the GAGT, 460-something for the GT) that made the final decision. If they were around the same monthly payments, I think I woulda taken the Mustang...

I've actually talked to people that could afford a nice GT, but chose the Pony instead. I cant see how some people would rather have a pony than a GT. Thats just IMO :p

black99gt
10-23-2003, 12:45 PM
03 Cobra...

Ide be SKEEERED to race one of those bad boys :eek:

teambeechstreet
10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by black99gt
03 Cobra...

Ide be SKEEERED to race one of those bad boys :eek:

daaamnnn, id love to be behind the wheel of one of those babies. Or one of the Cobra Rs, the 5.4 V8 model. wtf :thumbs:

AMRAAM4
10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Great, another fuking Mustang thread....

Why don't we just call this fuking place www.GrandAm&MustangGT.com ???

black99gt
10-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by teambeechstreet
daaamnnn, id love to be behind the wheel of one of those babies. Or one of the Cobra Rs, the 5.4 V8 model. wtf :thumbs:

Ya.. SOME of the older Cobras are not much to brag about... but the new one is freaking quick.

teambeechstreet
10-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by AMRAAM4

Well at least I'm in the "Other Cars Makes & Models" section. :p Isnt that what this section is about?

Please dont hurt me :(

Irate
10-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Please dont hurt me :( Bob likes hurting things... especially small, female animals. If you think the stang GT punches, take a ride in an '01 or '02 F-body... fun stuff... :D

(btw, I test-drove two mustangs before I got my trans am... they just didn't compare...)

teambeechstreet
10-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by IrateGT
Bob likes hurting things... especially small, female animals. If you think the stang GT punches, take a ride in an '01 or '02 F-body... fun stuff... :D

(btw, I test-drove two mustangs before I got my trans am... they just didn't compare...)

I've actually been in an '02 WS6 and it was freakin awesome. Holy cow, I wanted one more than anything! Best experience I've ever had behind the wheel was in a Supercharged 97 30th Anniversary Camaro SS. Woah, good times. I just wanted to post this thread to comment about how the Mustang GT had a good punch because I really didnt think they did before I actually got in one. :)

ZakkWylde470
10-23-2003, 03:43 PM

Yeah, because it's not like this is the Other Car Makes And Models forum.....

:nono:

Blackrider
10-23-2003, 04:49 PM
I dont think there are any late gen Mustangs that donet come with a hood scoupe and i'm pretty sure all GT's come with a Spoiler

teambeechstreet
10-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Blackrider
I dont think there are any late gen Mustangs that donet come with a hood scoupe and i'm pretty sure all GT's come with a Spoiler

There are two 99+ Mustang GTs without hood scoops and spoilers in my town, both owned by highschool kids. One is red, the other is white. :D

Blackrider
10-23-2003, 04:55 PM
There are two 99+ Mustang GTs without hood scoops and spoilers in my town, both owned by highschool kids. One is red, the other is white. :D

If the yare highschool kids are you sure they dident slap the GT badges on lol

I have never seen a 99+ mustang V6 or GT w/o a hood scoup in winnipeg and there are 1/4 of a million people

teambeechstreet
10-24-2003, 01:11 AM
If they are highschool kids are you sure they dident slap the GT badges on lol

I have never seen a 99+ mustang V6 or GT w/o a hood scoup in winnipeg and there are 1/4 of a million people

i sh*t you not. I've seen the engines of both of these GTs. One is owned by my friend's girlfriend, and one is some football player who has a couple mods. They are the 4.6 V8 Mustang GTs. The hoods dont have the bada$$ scoop. :D

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 07:27 AM
If the yare highschool kids are you sure they dident slap the GT badges on lol

To my knowledge
'99 GT's didnt come with a hood scoop

edit: the anniversary edition came with a hood scoop

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 01:21 PM
My friend's sister came down yesterday and she has an 02 Mustang GT, and my buddy took me for a ride in it yesterday, and goddamn, those things have mad torque! When he threw it into 2nd, I got pushed back into my seat hard! And when lookin ahead, seein that scoop makes the ride seem krazier. I dunno, for a stock ride, its pretty bada$$.

When I was lookin for a car, I had the choice between the GAGT with the works, or a bone-stock Mustang GT with no add-ons at all, not even a spoiler or hood scoop. I think it was the payments per month (327 for the GAGT, 460-something for the GT) that made the final decision. If they were around the same monthly payments, I think I woulda taken the Mustang...

I've actually talked to people that could afford a nice GT, but chose the Pony instead. I cant see how some people would rather have a pony than a GT. Thats just IMO :p

Should I post my video of a GTP smoking a Msutang Cobra at the track?

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Should i post a video of my R6 smoking a modified GTP and Mustang and Trans Am?

Mattcoool
10-24-2003, 01:27 PM
YES!

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by RAMAIRGT1

That would be great! I like motorcycles. I want to get at least a CBR600RR next season.

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 02:19 PM
im just meesin with ya mike, i was being a smart ass :D

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 02:20 PM
im just meesin with ya mike, i was being a smart ass :D
me too..

Do you really have a bike?

oh... going off topic... *pretending to go back on topic*

Um yeah... Mustangs are great. :thumbs: :D :p

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 02:23 PM
I really do have a '02 R6
And i happen to like mustangs :p

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 02:25 PM
I really do have a '02 R6
And i happen to like mustangs :p

Nice!

Not the Mustang.... just the R6. :p (giving you crap)

Mustangs are nice. At least most of them have a V8 and are all RWD. :thumbs: Nothing like a V8!

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Dont worry i hate the v6's, they are a waste of space and i unlike many other mustangs owners will admit that a mustang isnt the fastest nor the greatest car in the world, i bought a sportbike to go fast :D

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Dont worry i hate the v6's, they are a waste of space and i unlike many other mustangs owners will admit that a mustang isnt the fastest nor the greatest car in the world, i bought a sportbike to go fast :D

I bought my 1990 Probe V6 5-speed and 1997 Nissan Quest to go fast..... lol

I need a fast something.. I miss speed. :(

BTW I don't hate the 99+ Mustang V6 (older ones are a differnt story)... really it is underestimated by most people, for the price it is fairly compedative to other "sporty" cars in it's price range for performance, 15.4-15.9 1/4 mile time isn't bad for about $14,000 new.

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 02:42 PM
very true, but there are some assmunches on this board that cant stand mustangs, and there are some who think they are GOD's gift

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 03:09 PM
very true, but there are some assmunches on this board that cant stand mustangs, and there are some who think they are GOD's gift

I don't hate them, I just would never buy one. Not my favorite. Not bad... just not my favorite.

SC/TGrandAm
10-24-2003, 03:24 PM

ROTFLMAO Amen man. :)

SC/TGrandAm
10-24-2003, 03:34 PM

R6's arent **** anyways, you brag about that thing like its the best thing since sliced bread. Granted its a bike and its fast but not the best. Secondly your power to weight ratio is a little better than any car i would hope you could smoke a GTP considering you probably run a 13 on your bike or maybe 12. What an accomplishment :rolleyes:

Would you like your cookie now or later ?

Mike3800
10-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SC/TGrandAm
R6's arent **** anyways, you brag about that thing like its the best thing since sliced bread. Granted its a bike and its fast but not the best. Secondly your power to weight ratio is a little better than any car i would hope you could smoke a GTP considering you probably run a 13 on your bike or maybe 12. What an accomplishment :rolleyes:

um... I think he was just giving me crap.

SC/TGrandAm
10-24-2003, 04:24 PM
oh well now im giving him crap :)

RAMAIRGT1
10-24-2003, 04:45 PM

No **** its not the best bike out there, but the R6 is the BEST race bike on the planet, even compared to the 1000cc sportbikes,
and my R6 will smoke ANYTHING you own
FYI a stock '02 R6 1/4 mile time is 11 seconds flat
since you dont know **** about sportbikes you wouldnt know that
now when you take the straight line out of the equation there arent many cars on this planet that can out handle or out accelerate the R6

Before you put your lil comments in do some research on sometyhing before you type

I'll take that cookie now and you can
http://jjh78.com/images/bowl.jpg

mszmustang13
10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
ROTFLMAO Amen man. :)

What forum are we in? I could've sworn it read other car makes and models. Correct me if I'm wrong?

blake
10-25-2003, 10:24 PM
chill man, it is other makes and models he was just tryin to say that nowadays thats all anyone talks about on our forums...BTW my friend has a new 04 mach 1 in the orange color they are makin this year...he sold his 03 the other day and got the mach..and its bad ass....same engine as in the cobra just no supercharger and it goes...and i thought his GT was fast

GTspeed
10-25-2003, 11:05 PM
i for one like the mustang GT's, just dont really like it when a kid takes a v6 model, puts dual exhaust on it, slaps GT badges on it, and u can easily tell from the exhaust its a v6...especially when they punch it and it sounds like firecrackers or somethin goin off, popping or somethin. sorry, just think its dumb when someone puts the GT badges on a regular v6 mustang. but i went to the ford dealership, just lookin around (had a 2001 ws6 up there for sale:D ) and saw a black mach 1 on the showroom floor. now THAT was a nice mustang!!

teambeechstreet
10-26-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by GTspeed
i for one like the mustang GT's, just dont really like it when a kid takes a v6 model, puts dual exhaust on it, slaps GT badges on it, and u can easily tell from the exhaust its a v6...especially when they punch it and it sounds like firecrackers or somethin goin off, popping or somethin. sorry, just think its dumb when someone puts the GT badges on a regular v6 mustang.

:stupid: i totally agree with you on that!

[but i went to the ford dealership, just lookin around (had a 2001 ws6 up there for sale:D ) and saw a black mach 1 on the showroom floor. now THAT was a nice mustang!!

hell yah, fineass rides!

Mike3800
10-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by mszmustang13
What forum are we in? I could've sworn it read other car makes and models. Correct me if I'm wrong?

OK... I'll correct you.

It's... Other Car Makes and Models.

Check your capitalization.

:)

1993Grandamgt
11-04-2003, 09:06 PM
by the way just to let everyone know how potent the 03 cobras are... with mild bolt ons, ie; blower pulley,long tube headers, h pipe, magnaflow exhaust, throttle body, some comp tuning, and nitto drag radials in the rear weighing in at 3892 pounds (convertible) best ever et/mph was 10.92 at 123 mph in quarter according to muscle mustangs & fast fords 4/03 issue. that car was making just shy of 500hp to the rear wheels.... now you can go and remove the factory blower and add a twin screw supercharger and with those other mods done you will be looking at over 700 rwhp. potent and lethal!

AMRAAM4
11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 1993Grandamgt
by the way just to let everyone know how potent the 03 cobras are... with mild bolt ons, ie; blower pulley,long tube headers, h pipe, magnaflow exhaust, throttle body, some comp tuning, and nitto drag radials in the rear weighing in at 3892 pounds (convertible) best et/mph was 10.92 at 123 mph in quarter according to muscle mustangs & fast fords 4/03 issue. that car was making just shy of 500hp to the rear wheels.... now you can go and remove the factory blower and add a twin screw supercharger and with those other mods done you will be looking at over 700 rwhp. potent and lethal!

A 3892 lb car with 500HP running a 10.92?? Please scan the article.

800HP Supras only run low 11's, and they are 400 lbs lighter.

1993Grandamgt
11-04-2003, 09:39 PM
i will do one better... the car is owned by the owner of JDM engineering in freehold N.J his name is Jim D'Amore. here is there website. http://www.teamjdm.com/id17.htm all they do is performance parts for factory supercharged cobras and lightnings. as for the weight that was including the driver

1993Grandamgt
11-04-2003, 09:45 PM
by the way, coiincidentally, his 2001 lightning has a best ever of 10.50@128 and that weighs 4680 pounds with driver....

AMRAAM4
11-04-2003, 09:51 PM
where are the vehicles, I don't feel like sifting through a Ford site.

1993Grandamgt
11-04-2003, 09:56 PM
hmmm. good point i dont see it on there. i will see if i can find someone with a scanner, because i have no reason to lie to you or anyone else. its in black and white in front of me.

AMRAAM4
11-04-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm not saying you are lying...I just don't understand the physics.

A 400WHP RX7 probably runs the same as that Mustang and it is over 1000lbs. lighter.

1993Grandamgt
11-04-2003, 10:02 PM
well there are lots of variables. temp, humidity, traction, suspension, gearing, etc. for instance i dont know about the RX7 or the Supra TT but the cobra has independaent rear suspension which just helps it squat and go, as for traction it was using nitto drag radials in the rear, not sure of the gears, temp, or humidity though

95-GT
11-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Slap a set of slicks on there and its easilly doing low 12's to high 11's depending on weather, driver, and track.

thehemi
11-07-2003, 03:14 PM
My friend has a blown '99 GT that runs
12.9s and has yet to get its dyno tune.

It felt decent in stock form, but now the
thing runs like a scalded dog. Haha. :)

My neighbor's '03 Cobra was running in
the mid-12s with simply an exhaust mod.

Knappy1
11-08-2003, 10:29 AM
That's the thing about Mustangs...they are so easily modified. At the strip the other day, I was easily beating stock GT's, but then I lined up against a Mach 1 and had my ass handed to me...and there was a SuperCharged Gobra running 12's...that thing was sweet. Anyway, I like the Mustangs, until you get to the interior. My wife actually wanted to buy one instead of our 02 GAGT, but then we went for a test drive and the interior was soooooo small and cheap looking/feeling. She hated it.

JTS99GASEV6
11-23-2003, 10:43 AM
I like my '03 Cobra well enough.:thumbs:

RAMAIRGT1
11-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Yes stangs are easily modified. My stang stock would lose to most GAGT's on this site, but with the mods that ive got there isnt a stock '03 cobra that could touch it :D