Does warranty pay to replace tint? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Does warranty pay to replace tint?

Jason E
10-01-2002, 10:37 PM
So yeah, my high-quality GA GT has managed to break its driver door regulator clip twice now in 1 week...the dealer I work at is ordering me a whole new window/regulator/motor combo to solve the problem. Question is, does warranty pay to have the window re-tinted? Just wondering what dealers have done for others who may have faced this...

Gramp's GT
10-01-2002, 10:42 PM
I would doubt it...most after market stuff won't be covered unless you have a dealer who will bite the cost themselves. I am sure GM won't reimburse the dealer.

Mikey's GT
10-02-2002, 06:48 PM
He is correct, GM will not reimburse dealers for aftermarket stuff. But, go about it the right way, you may be able to get the dealer to pay for it out of their pockets as a 'customer satisfaction' issue. I know mine does if I ask nicely.

-Mike

BMOBYLE
10-02-2002, 07:09 PM
I could tell you no cause I work at one.
But MIKEY is correct. It's all in how you present the issue!
You "MIGHT" be able to talk them into it but it's highly doubtful, on the other hand my service manager probably would cause our customers biiitch ALOT and most of the time he don't feel like hearin it.:rolleyes:

TLS2000
10-15-2002, 05:38 PM
In my case, GM paid for the tint on my Wndows. If there is a defect in the car, and it damages something else in the car, you would expect the warranty to cover it.

Example:

Power steering pump fails in the car while you are doing 65mph, you crash head on into a barrier and the car is totalled (you thankfully survive). GM would be paying for the replacement vehicle as long as you can prove that the power steering pump is what caused the accident.

Di.
10-22-2002, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TLS2000
In my case, GM paid for the tint on my Wndows. If there is a defect in the car, and it damages something else in the car, you would expect the warranty to cover it.

Example:

Power steering pump fails in the car while you are doing 65mph, you crash head on into a barrier and the car is totalled (you thankfully survive). GM would be paying for the replacement vehicle as long as you can prove that the power steering pump is what caused the accident. [/QUOTE

I understand the point you are trying to make with your example, however, if your power steering pump fails you can still steer the car. The steering wil be a bit stiffer but you don't lose contol. At slower speeds the steering will be very stiff but at 65 it won't be too bad.

mi2kga
10-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Yes, i got both of mine retinted for FREE when my windows were all scratched up. Hey Mikey, dont you love raisors, free tint, free tires, free actuators, i am shooting for a free car eventually. Its good to know people!!!

Kent

Mikey's GT
10-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Yeah, at this rate I am at least getting a crate engine for free.

-Mike