i need some expert advice [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : i need some expert advice

jus4sho
11-11-2003, 12:38 AM
hello everyone, im new to the site and new to grand am's i used to own all turbocharged cars but now i read that you can do some really cool stuff with grand am's so i bought one. anyways since i bought my 2001 gagt i have had problems with the turn signals but got those fixed finally second i still cant figure out whats wrong with my breaks the grind and rub and the break lights wont shut off sometimes even after i replaced the rotors and pads third of all my car seems to run hot sometimes, not real hot but a little past the middle line. i was wondering if anyone else had similar problems also my car doenst want to turn over right away sometimes i have to keep the key turned for a few secs anyways if anyone has any ideas about any of this i would greatly appreciate it if you could help me thank you for reading this. -Vince-

SweetGirlsGT
11-11-2003, 08:58 AM
My car does the delayed start a lot mostly like almost every other time i try to start the car. Its a PITA. But it could be worse. It also runs hot just like your not to hot but just past the mid-line. Ive never really ran into a problem with it but am aslo looking for a way to solve both of these issues.

iceman
11-11-2003, 09:10 AM
As far as running hot, I'd start w/ a coolant flush. I did mine recently and now run about 15 degrees cooler than I used to..

Brakes are a sore subject around here... read about the forums and there are many threads and TSBs about them.

jus4sho
11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
yeah i was thinking about flushing the system because someone told me that you have to use a special kind of coolant and i was also thinking about drilling a hole in the thermostat i did that to my talon and it ran alot cooler i was also gonna install new plugs and wires to maybe see if that helps with the start problem

95-GT
11-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Also visit pfyc.com and buy a 180 degree 'stat