BooM BooM B%&^^#*(&M, My sound ahhh... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : BooM BooM B%&^^#*(&M, My sound ahhh...

killercut
10-03-2002, 10:14 PM
Hi, I am also one of the guys who had received nice comments about my sound system, until recently my speakers began making very distorted sounds at high volume. The bass is totally messed up. It sounds like my speakers are ripped apart, and its even worse when its hot and the sun is beating down on the car.

I wanna replace my speakers, I was thinking of Sony XpLoD. But, i dont want to change my receiver or anything, I just want new speakers that would give me super duper bass and a crisp treble tweeters).

Please give your recommendations, P.S. I dont want to change the size of the speakers, I dont want any special fittings nor any cutting. I want the 4x6 on the door and 6x9 in the back. Let me know what fits the stock setup and produces amazing sound.

GTkid
10-03-2002, 10:50 PM
the stock system in late model GA's are very nice, however when i went looking for more i wanted to deck it out with infinity sound but the 6x9's were simply too much. so i stuck with the 4x6 plates in the front, and got kicker K69's for the rear deck, after alot of stress. Infinity kappa's wont fit, and the alpine type R's have some weird plastic bars that go from the voice coil encasing to the mounting plastic. so you are really limitied if you dont want to do any harsh modifying such as fileing the metal of your car. my setup ended up just over $300 and that is from crutchfield so you may be able to get it cheaper, and you can hear me from a street away. hope this helps

AmIGrand
10-04-2002, 12:54 AM
Is your system stock at the moment?

killercut
10-04-2002, 06:37 AM
yes it is stock at the moment

shawnven
10-04-2002, 09:32 AM
hey if you want some quality 6x9's get the pioneer 4 ways. they have great sound and even better bass. i have the 300watt's and my friend has the 160. the 160's are actually better. prolly cuz he has a better HU than me tho....doesn't matter i took bass blockers cuz i have subs anyway....best option....subs

killercut
10-04-2002, 10:26 AM
300 watts, 160watts, isn't that a lot for the stock amp, receiver whatever???

I dont wanna get an amp or nothing, I want the stock CD player, with new speakers, maybe the 160watt would be ok, but I want you to clarify that.

AmIGrand
10-04-2002, 10:53 AM
You will probably not get as much bass from aftermarket 6x9's as you did from yuor stock ones. There are exceptions, I suppose, but in my experience the stock speakers put out more bass - albiet at a lower overall volume - than aftermarket speakers that can get much louder, but wityh less bass.

If your stock speaks are blown, get inexpensive aftermarket replacements, and a sub!!

MattBatt
10-04-2002, 11:44 AM
If you have the monsoon system in your car the stock 6x9's woofer is a dual voice coil so the bass would be louder than if you put regular 6x9 in. It is very rare to find OEM speakers that are better than aftermarket just because GM underestimates how much their buyers care about music. If you want bass get a sub and you will notice a dramatic increase in your systems preformance.

I find it hard to believe that you recieve nice comments from your friends about a stock system. me thinks you need to hang out with some audio nuts and listen to what they've got.

FireBird
10-04-2002, 01:28 PM
My 6x9's were doing the same thing.. I took my car to the dealer and complained. They replaced both rear speakers.. sounds much better now, but I plan on replacing them with some 6.5's in the near future. I also just bought some 6.5's for the doors.. much better sound and midbass than those damn 4x6.