nitrous kit and warranty [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : nitrous kit and warranty

tonmarchelli
12-05-2003, 11:26 AM
hi, im kind of new to this forum. i have a warranty question. if i add a dry nitrous kit to my car would it void my warranty. if it does, would i be able to hide wires and everything when i take the car in to be worked on. anybody out there with the same situation:? lemme know

PACE
12-05-2003, 11:30 AM
lol

Yes spraying Nitrous oxide into your engine will void your warrenty on pretty much every working part of the vehicle.....you would have to totally remove it......You would have to be really good to hide all the wires and solinoids from a GM Tech...

Silver02EX
12-05-2003, 11:47 AM
If something goes bad with your engine just take out the kit before going into the dealer... That's what I did with my car

ArcticGT
12-05-2003, 12:42 PM
The only boost you could possibly have that will not void your warrenty is an Eaton Supercharger. Unfortunately they do not make them anymore, but you will see one pop up for sale on the boards every now and then. GM and Eaton worked on the original SC/T Concept car back in 1998-1999 (burgandy sedan) and through them the Eaton would be covered. Anything else is your gamble.