big time probs with my GA [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : big time probs with my GA

scotty98GT
12-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey everyone, some of you might remember me as scotty93gt, was a member back in 2000, went to the picnic, etc, etc. Well in May this year I got rid of that 93 rod knockin beast, and bought a 98 GT. Biggest mistake of my life....

I need your help guys. I've got the oil leaking problem as with all 3100's. But my main probs i need help with is why the car runs so poorly when i start it up. When I start it, and put my foot on the gas, it misfires like crazy and poors out blue smoke. after maybe 5-10seconds, it is fine, for the most part. I'm assuming I have an internal oil leak into the combustion chambers, could be bad intake gasket, head gasket, head problem, valve guide, who knows!?!? Along with this, when driving, in the final gear, the car appears to constantly shift in and out of overdrive, the torque convertor lockup maybe? It feels like a chugging, but we have eliminated it as a fuel delivery problem. What in the world is wrong with my engine and trans!!! My mechanic cant even figure it out.... The tell tale computer shows NO problems whatsoever..... even misfire tracking shows no problems. This dang thing acts like its got a carb when I start it up!!

Another thing, whats this I hear about 3400 swap, I want all the details... because if I get into this myself, screw it, I want something better.

Please help!!
Thanks,
Scott

scotty98GT
12-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Ran compression test on cylinders 2,4,6... 150psi.... sooo now i'm even more confused. I could really use some input here guys, I am stuck.

Dr_Kyle
12-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Something about the cam sensor comes to mind for that year. I would try searching the forums for more info.