Drivers side cluster for windows, mirrors, and locks [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side cluster for windows, mirrors, and locks

gtaholic
12-31-2003, 09:03 AM
Just this weekend my wife rolled down the window. It seems the motor is stuck in the auto down feature. I pulled to motor to manually put the window up and then reinstalled the motor. Turned the key on and down the window went.

So I put it back up manually again and pulled the fuse.

Do you think the motor is bad?
Regulator is bad?
Switch unit is bad?

Anyone know the cost of either? I have a $50 deductible but if it is less I will fix it myself.

Dan00GPGT
12-31-2003, 03:08 PM
It can't be the motor otherwise the window wouldn't go down. It can't be the regulator otherwise the window wouldn't do down. My guess is the auto down feature is stuck and you will need to fix/replace the switch. There is an auto down module inside the drivers switch. You might want to pull the switch and just make sure nothing is jammed inside causing the switch to stay closed. I imagine you can get a window switch for less than $50 especially for a coupe.

juanvan
01-04-2004, 04:44 AM
did u leave the window down at all maye the swtich shorted out if not a bad relay, but I would think it to short out straight so 2 cents for u hehe good luck though