"Security" light coming on occasionally.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : "Security" light coming on occasionally..

papiogagt
01-01-2004, 07:53 PM
My security light has been coming on randomly here lately. It doesn't happen at any certain time, sometimes a minute after the car has started, sometimes an hour.. but never right when the car starts.. anyone have this problem before or know what it could be?? thanks alot.

Kodeblue
01-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by papiogagt
My security light has been coming on randomly here lately. It doesn't happen at any certain time, sometimes a minute after the car has started, sometimes an hour.. but never right when the car starts.. anyone have this problem before or know what it could be?? thanks alot. I know it sounds strange but I used to have the same problem when my keys got all gritty from work. I just wiped the key down good and it was good afetr that. Not sure if it is conicidence or not......

papiogagt
01-01-2004, 08:09 PM
hm.. i'll try.. :confused:

thanks

feature_edit
02-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I've read all the forums on the "security" light deal. Mine comes on very rarely, it doesn't prevent the car from starting or anything, it just comes on and then is off when I start the car again. I don't have an alarm or remote start. It did it tonight when I ran to the store which is why I was on here trolling to begin with. I don't think my car has Pass Lock II, my keys don't have the little chip thinggie like my '98 Bonnie had.

AznGA
02-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Mine comes on for about 1 second right after I shut off the car.

sc02grandam
02-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I've read all the forums on the "security" light deal. Mine comes on very rarely, it doesn't prevent the car from starting or anything, it just comes on and then is off when I start the car again. I don't have an alarm or remote start. It did it tonight when I ran to the store which is why I was on here trolling to begin with. I don't think my car has Pass Lock II, my keys don't have the little chip thinggie like my '98 Bonnie had.

all 99+ have passlock 2