Cleaning Fuel Injectors [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Fuel Injectors

steel_linkin
01-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Has anybody done this on their own? What is the approximate cost and how long does it take? Also, where are they located?

Thanks.

CelticSkyhawk
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM
If I'm correct, you have to removed the upper intake manifold and fuel rail. Not sure on cost as I've never attempted it. Seems to me, too much labor time. Get a bottle of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner for the next couple of fill-ups at the gas station. If your fuel injectors are dirty, you'll notice improvement. If you're not sure they are working properly, crank the engine and open the hood. Take a (preferably) pointed piece of wood with a flat end on the other. Touch it over each fuel injector and stick the other end to where it closes off the lowerpart of the ear. Sounds stupid, but it acts as a stethoscope. You can hear a lot of noises you wouldn't normally notice that way.

juanvan
01-04-2004, 04:50 AM
na it would not bee to hard, accually i think that it would just be popping it out

steel_linkin
01-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the manifold that comes of and the injectors (sorry, not familiar with things under the hood yet!)

balludc
01-04-2004, 12:26 PM
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/may02/images/fuel-rail.jpg
this is a fuel rail from a 4 cylinder.... i couldnt find one off a v6. but they look similar. except you'll have 3 injectors on one side of the engine, and 3 on the other. (kinda like spark plugs).

no idea how to remove it from a v6... 4 bangers are alot easier to work with

-dc

CelticSkyhawk
01-04-2004, 09:29 PM
On the V6, the fuel rails are sitting under the upper intake manifold (has the 3400 raised on top). If you look through the spaces you can see the two fuel rails beneath it.