leather seats trashed? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : leather seats trashed?

PontiacGTboy
01-09-2004, 11:45 AM
I let a friend drive my car to his house a few nights ago, he wanted to "pimp" my GAGT, so i let him. He came back, came in and all was good.... Until i went to go to work the next morning. It rained that night and my good ol' buddy left the sunroof opened! Anyway, carpet is taken care of, we thought all was good,,,, but now, i think my leather is streched out from sittin on it wet. both drivers and passenger front seat have prominant @$$ marks in it. Is there anything i can do to get the leather back flat? Any suggestions? Thanks

Dan00GPGT
01-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Hair dryer, flatten out the wrinkles, marks, and then let it sit for an hour or so. Hopefully the heat will work out the wrinkles as well as dry the leather and it will shrink back tight once it cools off. Make sure to put protectant back on it though.

PontiacGTboy
01-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Dan00GPGT
Hair dryer, flatten out the wrinkles, marks, and then let it sit for an hour or so. Hopefully the heat will work out the wrinkles as well as dry the leather and it will shrink back tight once it cools off. Make sure to put protectant back on it though.

thing is its been a few days and the leather is already dry

2002AmSE
01-10-2004, 10:17 PM
...heat shrinks leather, so it might shrink those @ marks out, kinda like a shrink wrap idea, we had wrinkles before from getting in and out of a different car we had, and we took them out with a hairdryer

PontiacGTboy
01-11-2004, 02:38 AM
o awesome. thanks il try that soon as i get time.