Do NOT order from BatteriesAreUs.com [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT order from BatteriesAreUs.com

mshu7
01-12-2004, 05:27 PM
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I didn't know where else to go with this. So mods or guru's, feel free to move this thread if necessary.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn others of this online automotive retailer (www.BatteriesAreUs.com) so that you don't go through the same crap I just went through.

I placed an order on Dec-9, 2003 for an Optima battery. I received one email when I signed up for an account on the website and one email confirming my order. My Discover card was immediately charged by this retailer. However, whenever I would look at my order on the website, it would always say "payment processing". After a couple days, I tried to send the website owner an email via his own website. After no response I sent a few more messages. Still no response. I then sent him numerous emails. Again, no response. Finally, Dec-17, 2003 I get an email from UPS stating that they've received this guy's billing information but they had no records of him dropping off the battery to them nor did they have any record of them picking the battery up from him. So, I sent him more emails. Yet again, no response. I was now getting ****ed. Fortunately, the only two emails I received from him had his name and one of them had the state he lived in. I then went out on the Internet to see if he had an address or phone number listed. Sure enough, he did. I called his house and his wife answered the phone. I told her how unhappy I was that I was getting no response back from him about my order. She assured me that he'd call me back at the number I gave her. I never received a phone call. I finally had to resort to disputing the charges on my Discover card. They temporarily refunded the charges until they could verify that I need did not receive the battery I purchased. Guess what's on the door step today? You got it. A week after contacting my credit card about this, the battery shows up. At this point I've already purchased the battery locally b/c I never thought I'd get the one I ordered from this website. Now I'm stuck with two batteries. Hesitantly I emailed this guy one more time telling him I didn't need or want the battery he finally shipped to me. He actually had the nerve to come back and tell me that he sent mulitple emails to me and even a shipping confirmation. Well, the multiple emails he sent me are the same two emails I mentioned at the top of this post. Now, I have finally convinced him to send UPS back here to pick up the battery and ship it back to him. But I'll believe it when I see it.

What really tops this off is that I found another member on this board (lightningGA) that had the exact same trouble with this guy.

Basically, what I'm getting is STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE. This guy is nothing but trouble. GAGT.com has given me so much information that I wanted to give a little back by warning everybody about this guy. If anybody else has had experience with this website, post your experience.

Ok, I'm done now. Sorry for the long rant.

mshu7
01-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Update:

Wow, this is crazy. Two emails from this guy in one day. He just sent me a message saying I can keep the battery he shipped me but he needs my credit card information again to refund the charges. Oh, and this time he replied from a totally different email account...and a hotmail account at that! He must think I'm an idiot.

I've already contacted my credit card about the charges. If I end up with a free Optima red-top, I'll be sure to post it in the For Sale section.

lightningGA
01-12-2004, 05:43 PM
I had the same experience with this website. Nothing but a run around.....I threatened to dispute it through paypal and he swore it shipped and the UPS tracking site takes some time to update. Is that why when I sign for a package it says delivered within minutes.........PLEASE......like I never used UPS before. Then the day I disputed it (about a week later)....it shows up on UPS late that night..........:rolleyes:. Anyway I did finally get my battery after about a month and a half....only to find out he forgot to ship part of my order......the rest canme about a month later. If you want a good price on an Optima battery but don't need it till next year then this is the place to order from....as long as you order right away and don't mind paying now:rolleyes:

STAY AWAY FROM www.batteriesrus.com

CyberRad
01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
I ordered one from Batteryweb.com and they were really curtious and even fixed my order after I messed it up. There shipping was really fast. Like two days from Florida to Maryland. Instead of them go here! $135 for the yellow Dual - Top & GM Side Optima Plus 22.50 UPS Ground shipping. Thats a little cheaper then going to your local auto store and picking it up.

1/2dolla
01-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I found that sams club sells them. Red top $110....

zx7ninja
01-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey guys, just so you know, the site www.BatteriesAreUs.com is also the site www.optimabatterystore.com

I have heard NUMEROUS complaints about this guy. I even know someone who got a USED, dinged up battery from him. Please, do not encourage this guy to continue. Don't order from him.

mshu7
01-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by 1/2dolla
I found that sams club sells them. Red top $110....

Same for Advanced Auto Parts here in Indy. $109.88 to be exact.

Black2K1GT
01-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by mshu7
Same for Advanced Auto Parts here in Indy. $109.88 to be exact.

Which one? I will be in Indy this weekend.

mshu7
01-13-2004, 05:31 PM
It's at the corner of 10th St. and Girls School Rd. on the west side of town. Across from Ben Davis High School if you know where thats at.

Black2K1GT
01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the info!

mshu7
01-13-2004, 05:39 PM
No problem! :thumbs:

mshu7
01-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Battery is now for sale. Click link below.

Optima Red Top Battery (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=324841#post324841)

mikes00GAGT
01-28-2004, 04:46 PM
I placed my order through www.batteriesareus.com 2 weeks ago and got the same two initial emails. My credit card was charged the same day I ordered my battery, yet, I do not have my battery, nor have I heard from this company since the initial 2 emails confirming my order and payment.

I actually did not see this post until AFTER I ordered my battery from www.batteriesareus.com. I ordered from them, b/c their site said the battery would ship in 2-3 business days. My battery is just not lasting this New Jersey winter and I need to get a battery ASAP.

Has anyone heard from this company in the past two weeks?

mshu7
01-28-2004, 05:41 PM
I actually got the website owner to call me about my whole situation with it. The guy INSISTED it was a fluke that I had such bad service and said they would do better from then on out. Obviously, he was full of SH*T. He blamed it on the holidays. I'm sorry, but that doesn't cut it. Even after I told I've heard other horror stories about his website, he insisted it wasn't really like that.

As far as your order is concerned...Check the "status" on the website and see what it says. Mine said "payment processing" for like 10 days before it said it had been shipped. Then when I did receive an email from UPS, they said they hadn't actually gotten the package from him, only the billing info. I didn't receive the battery until Jan-12 (over 30 days from time of order). And that was only b/c I got my credit card company to look into the situation.

No matter the situation, I'll get you his home address and phone number tomorrow when I'm at work. I have it written down on a notebook there. That way you can pester him until you get what you paid for!

Until then, here are a couple email addresses to try:
SALES@OPTIMABATTERYSTORE.COM
sales@batteriesareus.com

I will admit that after it was all said and done he did refund my money and let me keep the battery. That was the only positive thing that came from the situation.

If you do get a hold of him, don't let him give you the run around. Tell him you've already heard about a few others that have had the same crappy customer service from him. You can even mention my name if you want (mike shumaker). I'm sure he wouldn't forget me...LOL!

EDIT: Woah! I just realized we're both Mike S. Kinda weird.

mikes00GAGT
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey Mike S.,

That is pretty strange...2 Mike S's...

...anywho, thanks for the post. I forwarded my last email to SALES@OPTIMABATTERYSTORE.COM. All my other emails went to sales@batteriesareus.com.

I have not tried calling yet. I did notice there are a few phone numbers on the site. I can't really call during day, while I'm at work.

I appreciate you getting me his home number and address. Email it to me (so it's not posted here for privacy reasons) - mschill@comcast.net.

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, I used my Amex card and this charge will be due for payment in about 10 more days. If I do not hear anything from them before time to pay, I will be disputing the charge.

lightningGA
01-28-2004, 06:54 PM
ah...yes I got all the same B.S. too.........his name is Dudlee Brennfoerder...you can do a search on www.anywho.com and most likely get his home #

EDIT: Never mind...I just realized that his name is on the site with this other info:
www.BatteriesAreUs.com
208 North C Street
PO Box 158 Edgar, Nebraska - 68935-0158
Phone: (402) 224-4444
Fax: (402) 224-3333
Email: sales@batteriesareus.com

Hours: 7am-6pm M-F / 7am-12pm Sat -- Central Standard Time
DudLee Brennfoerder , owner/ EMT-b

I use to have his cell# here too............but I haven't come acrossed it yet:(

mshu7
01-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Good info! That's more info than I had.

Don't let this guy jerk you around!!! Let us all know how it turns out.

Panacea
01-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by mshu7

EDIT: Woah! I just realized we're both Mike S. Kinda weird.

Hello, Mike S. here too :D

And to keep it on topic... Sorry to hear that mike, I hope everything goes well. Ya need to post more often, miss seein ya around.

BTW DRL Kit is holding up just fine!!! THANKS!!!

mikes00GAGT
02-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Ok, here's the skinny on my order:

1/15 - Placed Order
1/15 - Paid for Order
1/15 - My Credit Card is charged for order
1/22 - Emailed asking for status on my order
1/24 - Emailed asking for status on my order
1/26 - Emailed asking for status on my order
1/26 - Sent note through website asking for status on order
1/27 - Emailed asking for status on my order
1/28 - Emailed asking for status on my order
1/28 - Emailed asking for status on my order
2/3 - Emailed asking for status on my order
2/3 - Disputed charge on my Amex
2/5 - Purchased Battery in Costco for same price as www.batteriesareus.com is selling battery for - Purchased because I NEEDED a new battery and www.batteriesareus.com did NOT return any of my emails since I placed my order
2/5 - Received email from www.batteriesareus.com that my order has shipped
2/5 - Received email from www.batteriesareus.com with UPS tracking number
2/5 - Tracking UPS number to find this package has not been dropped off or picked up by UPS

I am STILL LAUGHING that, on the same day, I bought the battery at Costco and Dudlee emails me stating my battery shipped...go figure!!!

Well, anyone else out there that wants to buy from this guy, be fore-warned. The one thing that really gets me is the following response I received when submitting a question through their website:

"Thank you for contacting Optimabatterystore.com. We will get back to you soon. Our goal is to provide you with the very best in customer service and lowest prices online, just like we have been doing all along for the past 13 years in our store location. You may also contact us by phone or e-mail. Again, thank you for contacting us! Respectfully, DudLee Brennfoerder e-mail partsmore@dtnspeed.net Phone: 402-224-4444 Fax: 402-224-3333"

Do they call that customer service? Not responding to their emails and website correspondence? This purchase had to be one of the most horrible experiences I have encountered shopping on the internet. I think I will stick with www.partsforyourcar.com. Hey Brian - can't you guys carry Optima batteries???

mshu7
02-06-2004, 05:38 AM
Mike,

Your outline looks pretty simliar to what happened with me. However, I never got that nice auto-reply email saying "Our goal is to provide you with the very best in customer service and lowest prices online, just like we have been doing all along for the past 13 years in our store location." and providing a phone number to call. I think he created that email after I got into it with him regarding his practices and just the simple fact that he's screwing people over.

I believe the reason the battery was supposedly shipped the same day you got a new battery from Costco is b/c you disputed the charge with AMEX two days prior. Once he got a notice from AMEX, he probably got his but in gear to make it look like he was going to ship it.

What really ****es me off is that this DudLee guy said over and over again to me that his customer service has always been good and that my experience was just a one-time thing.

Anyway, I would call the guy and tell him you want a refund. Refuse the battery if and when it does get shipped so he can't come back and say that you have it.

Keep us up to date!

mikes00GAGT
02-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, I still have not received my battery, nor have I heard from batteriesareus. I'm just waiting for Amex to refund my money.

I tracked the package, which supposedly shipped on 2/5/04 (3 weeks ago), and this is the only message I get:

Note: UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

I'd really like to see this store CLOSE as they are horrible!!!

I defintely agree, NO ONE should order from this site!!!

mshu7
02-26-2004, 08:02 PM
That message you got doesn't mean it shipped. I got the same message but mine hadn't shipped. That just means he's sent them the billing info.

Did you try calling his house? I would try to get a hold of him on the phone. Keep me posted. I'll help ya out if I can since I've "been there, done that" with this a$$hole.

lightningGA
02-26-2004, 08:12 PM
yep....I got that same message for atleast 2 weeks too. I even called UPS to double check and they said the package was never received by them

well good luck......hope everything works out for ya

mshu7
02-27-2004, 06:59 AM
Hey Lightning, did you ever get your battery from this guy???

lightningGA
02-27-2004, 11:10 AM
yeah after 2-3 months.....I started calling his cell# and home# bugging the $h!t out of him till he sent it....someone just asked me yesterday where they could order a Optima from.....

all I had to say was to NOT order it from batteriesrus or the OptimaBatteryStore.........if I need another one I'll go to Advanced Auto and pick it up right there.......after the core return it's not that much more and you get it that day:thumbs:

Kdawg207
02-27-2004, 11:13 AM
this thread kinda makes me laugh....no offense to your misfortune...but I would buy Anything for AnythingsRus.com

would u buy condoms from condoms r us

the name is as unprofessional as it comes

even kids r us went outta business

lol

ancona46
04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
i just called him at 920 at night buggin this ******* he says hes gonna "look it up" tommorow he better gimme my money back its been 2 weeks since i ordered

unfortunetly i didnt see this post till after i ordered it