Challeng this spring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Challeng this spring

zhd1000
01-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Well when the spring gets here I'm thinking about going to Byron Dragway. And when I go, I wanted to make a challenge with a couple of high school friends of mine. Anyway none of us have been to a dragstrip before, what do you guys think about this matchup:

Me: 2000 Grand Am GT - SLP, TOG, APoC CAI (hopefully by spring). My car is lowered if that makes a difference, stock wheels and audio equipment. I will empty out my trunk and all the garbage inside.

Friend One: 1998-1999ish Civic EX - coupe, it's a manual, he's pretty good at it. All the mods I know of are a CAI and a fart can. He has 17s, lowered and subs, amp setup in the trunk. I'm sure that he would take out the subs and stuff, but who knows.

Friend Two: 98-00 Civic Si - coupe, manual, CAI, fart can, headers. I don't know if he has aftermarket wheels or anything. But he does have a rather large aftermarket wing.

Nikki
01-12-2004, 07:28 PM
You should blow them both away!! Unless they're sprayin or boostin that you don't know about...

Silver02EX
01-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Ok I'm not understanding the whole fart can thing... Is it a cat back exhuast? muffler? what is it... Do you mean 99-00 SI??? because there's no 98 SI unless you're in Canada... SI's are capable of pulling high 14's with I/H/E with a good driver. As far as the EX most of the 98-00 are around mid 16's with average driver. I know that I pulled a 16.4 with my EX stock. 16.04 with Intake and exhuast.

grandamgt6969
01-12-2004, 07:40 PM
i agree you should be able to take the EX easily and the SI you should be able to beat. But only if you have ALL those mods by then. Why don't you get a bottle instead of TOGs?

zhd1000
01-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Silver02EX
Ok I'm not understanding the whole fart can thing... Is it a cat back exhuast? muffler? what is it... Do you mean 99-00 SI??? because there's no 98 SI unless you're in Canada... SI's are capable of pulling high 14's with I/H/E with a good driver. As far as the EX most of the 98-00 are around mid 16's with average driver. I know that I pulled a 16.4 with my EX stock. 16.04 with Intake and exhuast.

I'm not really sure about either car.. I'm pretty sure they just have mufflers. They Si might have a cat-back.. he used to work at a muffler shop, so maybe. About the years, those were just estimates, I know nothing about Hondas.

Originally posted by grandamgt6969
i agree you should be able to take the EX easily and the SI you should be able to beat. But only if you have ALL those mods by then. Why don't you get a bottle instead of TOGs?

My future plans entail a N/A GT.. if anything I'll get boost but I really don't want spray(mostly cuz I don't know enough about it right now :) )

Silver02EX
01-12-2004, 07:46 PM
i agree you should be able to take the SI

I wouldn't be too positive on that... With those bolt on's It depends on the driver of the other car..;)

zhd1000
01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't be too positive on that... With those bolt on's It depends on the driver of the other car..;)

Thats what I thought.. I knew the Si could be a pretty quick car.

Nikki
01-12-2004, 07:58 PM

Well the reason I said he could blow the SI away, is becuz I knew a guy that had a '00 with all the mods you mentioned (i/e/h) and he was runnin high 15s, low 16s LOL...coulda been the driver now that you say that.

Ant
01-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about either...specially with the mods you said you have/will have.

zhd1000
01-12-2004, 08:04 PM

remember tho none of us have been to a track before...

Silver02EX
01-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Nikki
Well the reason I said he could blow the SI away, is becuz I knew a guy that had a '00 with all the mods you mentioned (i/e/h) and he was runnin high 15s, low 16s LOL...coulda been the driver now that you say that.

Exactly, it's all the driver... some can pull high 15's with bolt on's my friend was able to pull 14.8 with I/E... I posted the video awhile back.;) high 15's with I/H/E is pretty sad. :nono: Someone needs to learn how to power shift and launch an SI;)

AMRAAM4
01-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Why don't you get a bottle instead of TOGs?

Because that seems like the dumbest possible move imaginable.

High powered urine you have to constantly fill, is not always on, and can fry your tranny and motor?

or

ceramic coated metal, bolted to your engine that provides constant performance, a great sound and won't fry the motor or tranny?

CruzinGT33
01-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Drop me a PM when you decide to go!! maybe i can make it.