how do you relieve fuel pressure? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : how do you relieve fuel pressure?

mr03SCT
01-13-2004, 08:55 AM
This is the info i got:

Disconnect the negative battery cable in order to avoid possible fuel discharge if an accidental attempt is made to start the engine.
Loosen the fuel tank filler cap in order to relieve fuel tank pressure.
Connect a fuel pressure gauge (with bleed hose) to the fuel pressure test port connection. Wrap a towel around the fuel pressure connection when installing the fuel pressure gauge in order to avoid fuel spillage.
Install the bleed hose into an approved container and open the valve in order to bleed the fuel system pressure. The fuel pipe connections are now safe for servicing.
Drain any fuel remaining in the fuel pressure gauge into an approved container.

Could someone tell me where the fuel pressure test port connection and valve is located on my 2003 GT. I need to replace the fuel filter and would like to relieve the fuel pressure first. Pics would be great!

Thanks.

eric99gt
01-13-2004, 09:09 AM
try a search. multiple pics are available somewhere on here. if that doesn't find ya anything, i'm sure someone has saved the pic. but just to answer the question, on the left end of the fuel rail is a schrader valve. u want to remove the cap off this and just depress the valve.

mr_eh
01-13-2004, 09:12 AM
i'll tell you how not to relieve fuel pressure.....
....INTO YOUR FREAKING EAR OMFG

PACE
01-13-2004, 09:17 AM
why not just unscrew the schrader valve cap on the end of your fuel rail and depress the pin.......some gas might squirt out so wear some glasses or something :)

Blackrider
01-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by PACE
why not just unscrew the schrader valve cap on the end of your fuel rail and depress the pin.......some gas might squirt out so wear some glasses or something :)

Works for great for me.