Normal Temperature? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Normal Temperature?

WEBWEDO
01-13-2004, 08:34 AM
1. Its a bit cold in DC area, and I have noticed that for the past several weeks my car temp doesn't go all the way to the middle. It stops short, sitting just a bit below it.
Should it always be at the middle, or could it be right below the middle? Good/Bad?

2. Also, when I am in heavy stop and go traffic, temp would go up way past middle.

Is that normal?

Thanks!

Blackrider
01-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by WEBWEDO
1. Its a bit cold in DC area, and I have noticed that for the past several weeks my car temp doesn't go all the way to the middle. It stops short, sitting just a bit below it.
Should it always be at the middle, or could it be right below the middle? Good/Bad?

2. Also, when I am in heavy stop and go traffic, temp would go up way past middle.

Is that normal?

Thanks!

Thats Normal, Mine will do that when its cold to.

Kdawg207
01-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Perfectly normal...and on a hot ass day you'll see it over..around 210 sometimes

WEBWEDO
01-13-2004, 08:53 AM
All righty! :-)

So I guess if it stays there, most of the time (just below middle) I should be in good shape.

Now -- > in summer time - I guess temp outside is warmer and engine can warm up faster.

When its like 80-90 F outside, should it stay in the middle, or can it be a little over or below the center, and still be normal?

Having had some overheating problems on a previous car (Mazda) I am just a bit worried, and like to fix things before they go bad on me, miles from home :)

Thanks guys!

Blackrider
01-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by WEBWEDO
All righty! :-)

So I guess if it stays there, most of the time (just below middle) I should be in good shape.

Now -- > in summer time - I guess temp outside is warmer and engine can warm up faster.

When its like 80-90 F outside, should it stay in the middle, or can it be a little over or below the center, and still be normal?

Having had some overheating problems on a previous car (Mazda) I am just a bit worried, and like to fix things before they go bad on me, miles from home :)

Thanks guys!

As Kdawg said its normal for it to go higher ligh that when it is hot out, usualy when you are idling, I just turn me AC on for a few second that tuns the high speed fans on.

JesseGT1
01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Unless you Have a lower temp T-stat like me, Mine sits about 2 to 3 notches below the middle in cold weather and one notch under in the summer.