Where is the Heater Inlet Hose? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Heater Inlet Hose?

opulentus
01-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Im doing a Prestone coolant flush on my '03 3.4L with their kit, and Im supposed to tap the "heater inlet hose" with a tee that comes in the kit. They say its a line that goes from the firewall to the top of the engine. I see two hoses coming from the firewall to the engine, and one is labeled "ENG" and the other "ENG TOP". Is it one of these hoses the heater inlet hose by any chance?

Dr_Kyle
01-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Here is where Seth has his setup:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=285386

opulentus
01-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Sweet :D

2002AmSE
01-13-2004, 03:51 PM
So, there is a cut and clamp thing? I take it that's permanent? I thought it was some temporary thing

papiogagt
01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
i still don't get how seth got that in there, because i bought teh 5/8" kit, and that hose is just too small to fit the t-tap inside of it. i had to replace that hose because i couldn't get it to work, and i had already cut it.

iceman
01-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by papiogagt
i still don't get how seth got that in there, because i bought teh 5/8" kit, and that hose is just too small to fit the t-tap inside of it. i had to replace that hose because i couldn't get it to work, and i had already cut it.

Try Hard :) It was somewhat of a PITA but it went.

Opeluntus the instructions are sort of diff for us because we don't have a radiator cap... And the T isn't big enough to T into the main heater hose but that one pic shown goes to the main hose.. It def works there, I flushed my coolant that way and it turned out greate.

papiogagt
01-13-2004, 06:10 PM
man, seth, you must be buff as hell, cuz i could not get that thing into that hose!

:rolleyes: :D

iceman
01-13-2004, 06:15 PM
man, seth, you must be buff as hell, cuz i could not get that thing into that hose!

:rolleyes: :D

You'll learn how to stuff big things into tight places eventually, young one..

Cnix16
01-13-2004, 08:04 PM
hey im geting a weird smell from my heater. I dont see any coolant leaks and i never get a coolant light. There is the same smell in my engine bay as inside the car. Think it could have anything to do with this hose?

opulentus
01-15-2004, 08:32 PM

It was definitely a bizach to get that thing in there, yes.

opulentus
01-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by iceman
Try Hard :) It was somewhat of a PITA but it went.

Opeluntus the instructions are sort of diff for us because we don't have a radiator cap... And the T isn't big enough to T into the main heater hose but that one pic shown goes to the main hose.. It def works there, I flushed my coolant that way and it turned out greate.

Yeah, I got it in there and switched off taking both of the main hoses to the back of the radiator off. The system flushed very nicely.

opulentus
01-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Cnix16
hey im geting a weird smell from my heater. I dont see any coolant leaks and i never get a coolant light. There is the same smell in my engine bay as inside the car. Think it could have anything to do with this hose?

I got that same smell for a bit. Just run the heater full blast for a while... mine went away.

jeffreno
07-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I just got the Prestone flush and fill kit, and the smallest tee in the set was 1/2". I tried to insert it into the same hose shown in the pic above, but there is no way I can fit that 1/2" tee into the hose without splitting it. Did anyone use a smaller tee? I know I'm gonna have to get a different tee (if Auto Zone has them!) - just wondering if anyone had the same problem... My GA's a 2000 - I doubt GM changed the hose for later models... or did they???

brim
07-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I just got the Prestone flush and fill kit, and the smallest tee in the set was 1/2". I tried to insert it into the same hose shown in the pic above, but there is no way I can fit that 1/2" tee into the hose without splitting it. Did anyone use a smaller tee? I know I'm gonna have to get a different tee (if Auto Zone has them!) - just wondering if anyone had the same problem... My GA's a 2000 - I doubt GM changed the hose for later models... or did they???

i had the hose set up before, never got around to flushing, yes it is tight as hell, but yes you can spend $2 and replace the hose at a local autostore

The original line is tight as ****, i did manage it though.

as far as hose replacement *cough* :tongue3:

I replaced the return line to tank hose, the hose down from that, and the return line metal hose with a brake line (due to a bad t-stat change)

jeffreno
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I ended up just finding the actual heater inlet hose, between the engine and firewall, and "tee"d up there. It was a PITA getting to it. Since there was hardly any room there to cut it, insert tee, and tighten screws, I just pulled the hose out. 2nd PITA - getting the bottom of the hose freed up, with hardly any room around it to grab ahold of, and a metal shield with its sharp end closest to the hose right in the friggin way! :mad: But the flush kit works great!

GMMike
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread since it's already here. Anyway I'm doing that flush and fill and I just want to make sure I'm using the right hose. I don't want to cut into a wrong hose. Anyone got that pic of that hose for me since it's gone now? Thanks.