Service Vehicle Light ?? WTF [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Service Vehicle Light ?? WTF

BennyT
01-14-2004, 10:11 PM
The following question is for a 2000 GA GT

I know this is a very open ended question as this can be any
number of things, from something major to something small.

I have had two things happen recently and I think that one of them might be the culprit:

Did not tighten gas cap service engine light came on (not vehicle light notice thread title). However realized, corrected, and light went away. three weeks later vehcile light says hello!

Front headlight burnt out around time when I notced the light comming on, just replaced the head light, may have this been the problem?

Both of these things happened rather close the each other. Another thing is the light first came on after I had parked the vehicle for about a month in cold weather. However I have driven it for about 15-25 miles since then and the light remains. It will fire up at different times, and it did go for about 7 miles with not comming on.

Anyways, long story short I am wondering if anybody out here might have some ideas about this, or has experienced it first hand. I am thinking I have an 02 sensor on the fritz.

Thx in advance

tim_se1
01-14-2004, 10:50 PM
the service engine light came on mine too. it was because of a burnt out headlight. thats what your problem might have been.

GTspeed
01-14-2004, 11:14 PM
well according to my pontiac manuel, the service vehicle soon light comes on for 2 reasons, somethin messed up with the daytime running lights, or burnt out light bulb in my experiences, and somethin else, cant remember off top of my head

Gimli
01-15-2004, 08:33 AM
You got exactly what caused both lights. Your gas cap caused the SES and the burnt headlight caused the SVS.

It might take a few starts before the light goes off but SVS has nothing to do with emissions, that would cause a SES. Make sure all your lights work (high beams, low beams, flashers, brakes, etc.).

CruzinGT33
01-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Check your fuses too... I burnt one up and that was my problem...

all 3 boxes. DS,PS, & UH.

iceman
01-15-2004, 09:51 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5682&highlight=ses+and+svs

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7413&highlight=ses+and+svs

Try those two.

killerhound
01-15-2004, 10:58 AM
SVS light usually indicates something wrong with electrical. That's what I have experienced from them, at least.

iceman
01-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Not usually, always.

BennyT
01-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Problem was the headlight after all, svs light is now gone, right after the headlight was changed and the car ran for 5-10 mins.

Thx for all the help...now just to wait for the next problem:D