Best Spark Plugs and Wires [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Best Spark Plugs and Wires

Fenderman
01-15-2004, 03:06 PM
hi, im going to replace my plugs and wires. I've been reading that some have had issues with certain brands. Which are the best for a hassle free car.

thanks

Kdawg207
01-15-2004, 03:09 PM
MSD...best wires...drspeed.com
Plugs....many have there own opinion...i think NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs are great....ngksparkplugs.com

see ya

klc317
01-16-2004, 04:53 AM
I have NGK Iridiums and Taylor wires. Alot of people on here have had problems with Taylors, but mine fit and work perfectly. I have heard nothing but good things about MSD wires.

kubiache
01-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Me and Iceman both had problems with Taylor wires. I don't remember what his issue was, but mine started misfiring bad. First one, then slowly more. I've got stockers in for now until I get aroung to replacing them again.

Fenderman
01-17-2004, 04:16 PM
thanks

RedGT2004
01-17-2004, 04:32 PM
I would say go with MSD wires you wont regret it.

luniz
01-17-2004, 04:34 PM
MSD 8.5 wires and Delco Platinums have been nothing but great for me!

killerhound
01-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Wires I have my stockers. After trying NGK and Boschs, with both misfiring, I'm running AC Delco Platinums now.

safemode
01-18-2004, 01:00 AM
delco platinums are stock in case someone didn't know (afaik).

Ground wire kits are around that supposedly and measurably actually help performance. Has anyone tried those super conductor (i think msd makes them), they're basically the same as the heli core winded wires with a cap to boost spark voltage? Also, the iridiums, has anyone who's used them popped them out after a few thousand miles and seen what they look like? Black or white, and was it different than how the stock ones would look after about the same time? I'm wondering because the iridums would require much less voltage, and if you get the same temp, it might either fix or cause problems related to the much higher voltage requirements of platinum plugs.