Dealership broke my HID capsule [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dealership broke my HID capsule

XMBlackGT1
01-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Took my Grand Am in to have the right fog lamp fixed- it somehow came undone from the mounting brackets in the bumper. In the process of repairing it, they had to take the headlights out- fine. While doing that, they snapped the HID capsule (bulb) into a zillion pieces. Here lies the problem- CATZ, the company that I purchased the HID system from cannot import any of their HID products into the USA because of some DOT law. If I were to contact a dealership that uses HID in their cars as a stock feature, would one of those capsules work in my car? Or, where would I go about finding replacement capsules? I need to do something, luckily I can park it for a few days and get the other one out to drive while this one is being repaired. Any info would be GREAT! Thanks- shawn

Rba007
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Youre not gonna find an OEM capsule to work with those ballasts, stupid dealership!!! Best bet is Ebay, or the classifieds at hidforum.com. Goodluck!

iceman
01-16-2004, 06:15 AM
:stupid: ... Dealer did the same to me. Make sure they pay for it, they are responsible for it.

XMBlackGT1
01-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Since I am not going to be able to find another CATZ capsule to work with that system, I am going to have to buy another system. What is the next best thing to CATZ? Thanks for any info

iceman
01-16-2004, 06:30 AM
For direct replacement lamps?? I'd hit hidforum and look around, if you can sift through the "get projectors" mumbojumbo :) I don't have the ear to the market. Definitely check ebay