windshield washer sprayers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : windshield washer sprayers

BLKSHDW
01-16-2004, 07:02 AM
i am having trouble with my sprayers.... we have a total of 4 sprayers on our wipers, 2 at the base and 2 others on the arm... the ones on the base of mine aren't working and i am out of warranty status.... please help

Slim
01-16-2004, 07:04 AM
How the heck can you be out of warranty when you drive an '03?! You may want to check the sprayers for ice. It builds up in there pretty easily when it gets really cold.

PACE
01-16-2004, 07:07 AM
yeah......2 of 4 were frozen today on my way to work.....damn its cold today :(

BLKSHDW
01-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Slim25
How the heck can you be out of warranty when you drive an '03?! You may want to check the sprayers for ice. It builds up in there pretty easily when it gets really cold.

i am a road supervisor for my security company and i do nothing but drive, i am working on getting my boss to give me a truck to use once i get my promotion... i think i checked them for ice, i could still squeeze the tubing and it was soft and there didn't appear to be any ice that was visible

Slim
01-16-2004, 07:15 AM
The ice builds up in the plastic nozzels. You can't really see it, but have to clean it out with hot water or a pin. This happened to mine a few times last year. For some reason, I noticed it happend more when I used cheap washer fluid.

BLKSHDW
01-16-2004, 07:17 AM
well doesn't that just suck, thatnx for the info slim

VaGT
01-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Slim25
The ice builds up in the plastic nozzels. You can't really see it, but have to clean it out with hot water or a pin. This happened to mine a few times last year. For some reason, I noticed it happend more when I used cheap washer fluid.

I only use the made for winter washer fluid for the winter months.... I don't need it so much down here, but when I drive to Pa, I don't need the washer fluid freezing on my windshield as I drive down the highway.

I prefer the Prestone (yellow stuff)... when the Rain X (Orange) dries it is very noticable on the side of your car.

...its also nice to just squirt the wipers to remove the frost from the windshield...

BLKSHDW
01-16-2004, 09:45 AM
i am currently using this detroit red wings red heat ice melter stuff, generally works quite well have never had this problem before...

atc3434
01-16-2004, 11:41 AM
I've had trouble with mine freezing, and I use a RainX de-icer. I'm not sure what is happening, it can't be the fluid freezing... maybe percipitation is freezing on them... I will try the pin trick.

Black03SC/T
01-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Wow, how many miles do you actually have on your car already?

Kdawg207
01-16-2004, 12:04 PM
my whole resevoir was frozen this morning...still have the summer crap left in there...finally at lunch it defrosted...good thing i parked in the sun this morning