car won't start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : car won't start

ga00melo
01-18-2004, 09:28 PM
I recently went to go to work and my car would not start it just turned over it was extremely cold outside it sat in my driveway for two days my father took a heat gun to the gas lines and top of the engine and we got it started I drove it and it seemed the gas was going in and out , I came home let it sit for about 15 minutes went out started it up drove about ten miles and it stalled i got it started after a couple of minutes and then drove about five more miles and it stalled again what could possibly be wrong, its very frustrating.

atc3434
01-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Water in the gas? Sounds like it... if the lines needed to be heated up and then it still ran rough. It'll happen a lot in the winter, especially if you leave the gas tank low often, it allows lots of condensation to form in the tank... and then you end up with water in the lines. I would fill it up with fresh gas and add a bottle of DryGas for good measure, and try keeping the tank at least half full, if not more. Where in Syracuse you at, I live up the road in Weedsport... we'll have to cruise Erie this summer or something.

ga00melo
01-23-2004, 10:13 AM
they ended up getting me for a fuel pressure relay cost me like $200 to get fixed not a covered part through my warranty(bs) I live about 13 miles north of syracuse.Thanks for your reply buddy.