Why the hell is my MPG so bad? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell is my MPG so bad?

Blackrider
01-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Maby this? Kinda a getto intake but it has done me will, I have a new one made for for spring.

http://members.shaw.ca/jordierobb/P1020293.JPG

Well took my car off the road for a few days to take my intake out of the fender and do some underbody coating, and i found one nasty filtrer! I also found out why my passanger side headlight would not go in, it was a little rock blocking the lower mount from going in, that little rock caused me so much anger!:mad:

Hear is a pic of the coating.

http://members.shaw.ca/jordierobb/P1020295.JPG

Time for some new struts??? i think so! i'm also swaping over my new valve cover and Powder coated thermo housing.

atc3434
01-22-2004, 09:15 AM
And THAT is why I'm WAI, not CAI... ;) Undercoating is nice, I really wanted to get mine done this year... but not money.

Blackrider
01-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by atc3434
And THAT is why I'm WAI, not CAI... ;) Undercoating is nice, I really wanted to get mine done this year... but not money.

It dosent get nearly that bad in the summer, they just drop so much sand on the raods hear, its get into everything!.

AaronGAGT
01-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Did you put undercoating over those pieces of plastic?? Do you think you'll ever have to take them off for anything? Just wonderin... i dont know whats behind them

Blackrider
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by AaronGAGT
Did you put undercoating over those pieces of plastic?? Do you think you'll ever have to take them off for anything? Just wonderin... i dont know whats behind them

Nope i dident do over them I took alook under them and it was really clean so i dident bother.

GTspeed
01-22-2004, 02:20 PM
i just got a pro-m maf for christmas, and have a dr speed cai. well when i put the maf on, the engine seemed to be a lil more rough at idle. so 2 days ago, i jacked up the car and thoroughly cleaned the k&n filter with that recharge kit they have. put it back in, idle is smooth, and gas milage is up a lil too:thumbs: