Please help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Please help

jsos431
01-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I have a quick question. My 2001 Grand AM GT is coming up on the end of the warranty and the transmission is acting really weird very often. It has very hard shifts often and it takes a long time to shift when the car is cold. I was wondering if I took it to the dealership, would they look at the engine much because I have the FFP Crank pulley on it. Would they say anything about that or is it alright just to leave it on there? Thanks

atc3434
01-22-2004, 10:19 AM
The pull has nothing to do with the tranny... but dealers are all different. I know some guys under warrenty that go in with the intakes, headers, etc. etc... and still get work done. Other people put a different muffler on the car and they won't touch it. But I'd defintiely get that tranny looked at while the dealer is still buying. Don't wait!

Irate
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Law states that they have to prove the connection between the pulley and the symptoms you're experiencing. Fortunately - they have nothing to do with each other.

It really sounds like your tranx fluid is low... have them check that. Either that or there could be something gumming up the tranx fluid.

71Z28RS
02-10-2004, 07:36 AM
The trans waiting for a long time to shift when it's cold is a somewhat normal thing if it's really cold out. Unless it still does that once the car is warmed up. However, the hard shift is not normal. I agree that the crank pulley has nothing to do with it. I also agree that you should take it in before your warranty runs out. The trans fluid level is a good idea......