Window Regulator and them damn clips [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window Regulator and them damn clips

SteveGT1
01-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Guys I have a few problems with my power window. The window was frozen and I decided to keep on pushing the buttons untill I heard a cracking noise, pretty smart, eh! Anyway I was told that the clips can not be sold seperatly and you would have to purchase the regulator assembly. This is incorrect! GM has a part number for the "sash" that clips on the window and a part number for the clips themselves. I know that many people were told the same thing as me, I will hunt down the part numbers and post them in the proper section. To my dismay, I need a complete regulator because not only did I break the clips but the cable is all wound up and frayed around the motor. So for all you guys and gals you are about to buy the whole assembly, don't. Hope this helps.

Tonyyank
01-24-2004, 02:44 PM
UHGKJEFGOIWAYUEGFPIWUEHFLWJHEF:LKWJEF:LKJDFL

I NEED THOSE CLIPS..........The 2 little whiteish ones, i need em BAD!!!!

GOOD FIND!!!

AaronGAGT
01-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Dude... i think 80% of my posts are from complaining to people how sh!tty it is to replace the whole thing... thank god you found this. Now my posts will be minimized.

Tonyyank
01-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Dude, will you marry me, seriously !!!!!!!!!

Tonyyank
01-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Just to let you know, i've been w/o a working window since BEFORE Chirstmas!!!!

I have the damn window wedged up w/ bunch of paper, looks GHETTO like an *** wing, but....serves its purpose

jayfly07
01-24-2004, 11:35 PM
LOL. I have been without my window for a few months aswell. Proped up with cardboard. Was told i needed regulator. I think i need the whole thing also, as i had to cut the cable to get the window up. You have no idea how mad i am at these **** windows.

P.S. When i get around to buying a regulator i want to do it myself. Anyone know where to get istallation intructions? I'll do it anyway, but i don't want to break soemthing else.

Vince
01-25-2004, 02:46 PM
It's fairly easy to do, I did it on mine without any instructions. Just make sure you have the window up when you do it. I made the mistake of having it down and scratched up the tint on the glass. Just keep track of where things are bolted to, it's really simple. The hardest part might be getting the door panel off. But that's about it. Check the parts that are on the window, there should be two. Each connects to a rail. Make sure they're not loose on the window. One of mines was loose, and I think that caused mines to break. I had to put some window glue to hold it inplace before I installed the assembly.

GRocks10
01-26-2004, 12:25 AM
This really sucks now because I Just ordered today the whole regulator and motor online for alot cheaper then what the auto window places were estimating me at since they all said the plastic clips were not sold seperate... damn, this sucks so bad!!! I already paid for the item and expecting shipment soon... :(

oh well, lesson learned.. atleast now, I can just keep my old regulator and motor and if I ever have a problem like this again, hopefully one of you great folks will find the plastic clip part number and I'll buy it and put it on my old regulator and motor... man this sucks still though!

Anyone got like pictures and instructions on how to install it in the door panel so I don't have to pay someone to do it for me?

Also, one last thing... if I ever have a problem with say my right side window or the back windows.. can I use the same motor and regulator for that side or does it have to be the specific side the whole thing came from?

Thanks,
Gabriel

AaronGAGT
01-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Well I thought i was bad using a piece of 2x4 to hold up my window... you guys made me feel a lot better when i heard cardboard and paper lol

Any word on the actual part number??

Mike Jung
01-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Power Window regulator clips (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28800)